APRIL 9, 1965
- THE ASTRODOME. HENNINGER, THOM // Baseball Digest;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p60
The article offers information on the Astrodome baseball stardust in Houston, Texas. Topics discussed include the history of establishment of the stadium, called as the Eight Wonder of the World, which came from the idea of Judge Roy Hofheinz, the baseball matches held at the Astrodome, and the...
- Inside Baseball. // Time;6/15/1970, Vol. 95 Issue 24, p80
The article focuses on the controversial book "Ball Four," by the Pitcher of Houston Astro Baseball Team, Jim Bouton. It states that baseball commissioner, Bowie Kuhn was very angry with the contents published in the book, including that the players kissed on the Seattle team bus and the players...
- GILTFINGER'S GOLDEN DOME. Smith, Liz // Sports Illustrated;04/12/1965, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p44
The article reveals how Judge Roy Hofheinz spent 6 million U.S. dollars to gild the Houston Astrodome in Texas with details that make the structure shimmer with everything that looks like gold, making the stadium look more than a baseball field. Hofheinz believes that all this will turn the Dome...
- Heads Up. // Boys' Life;Aug2011, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p4
The article presents varied information of general interest such as one about New York Yankees baseball player Mickey Mantle, another about Chicago Cubs 2nd baseman Ryne Sandberg, and a calendar of historical events.
- LETTER FROM THE PUBLISHER. James, Sidney L. // Sports Illustrated;06/21/1965, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p4
The article features American baseball player Mickey Mantle of the New York Yankees who has already appeared on the cover of the magazine seven times as of June 1965. According to the author, being the magazine cover for several times indicates the position he has maintained in his field. For...
- Mickey Mantle. Hoffer, Richard // Sports Illustrated;8/21/95, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p18
Presents the legacy of Mickey Mantle, considered the last great player on the last great team. His death at the age of 63; His durability and the depth of his fame; His career with the New York Yankees; Suggestions that our interest in Mantle was probably piqued by his obvious destiny, the ruin...
- Assault on the Record. // History Remembers Great Athletes of the Twentieth Century;2009, p1
Presents the text of a 1961 article on the challenge posed by Mickey Mantle and Roger Marris of the New York Yankees to Babe Ruth's home run record. Statistics for Mantle and Marris.
- Yes, there is a New Mantle. // History Remembers Great Athletes of the Twentieth Century;2009, p73
Profiles Mickey Mantle at the beginning of his 1956 season with the New York Yankees. Relationship with the press; Change in attitude from previous seasons.
- Last-Inning Epiphanies. Arnold, Tim // Adweek;10/2/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 36, p18
The article presents the author's views on how the death of baseball player Mickey Mantle from New York Yankees affected the author emotionally. Mantle was the author's lifelong hero and he died following a liver transplant surgery. The funeral was scheduled to be held on August 15, 2006. The...