Gas Deregulation Report Global 2002
- The dash for gas. Dutta, Ashok // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/23/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 25, p4
The article reports on a projected sharp rise in demand for domestic gas that led Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates to evaluate its gas reserves through the assistance of international oil companies (IOCs). The first flush of Qatari gas is due to land at Taweelah, Abu Dhabi in 2007. The arrival...
- Mexico see rise in natgas. Manda, Alex // ICIS Chemical Business;9/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 33, p14
The article reports on the rise of the natural gas production in Mexico. Rising Mexican natural gas production has had little effect on the domestic petrochemical industry but will help the sector in the longer term, says Miguel Benedetto of national chemical industry association ANIQ....
- Monetizing methane: turning gas into cash. Hoar, Graham // Chemical Market Reporter;4/10/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 14, p23
The article discusses issues concerning the development of natural gas reserves in the Middle East. There is an effort among Middle Eastern countries to add value to their petrochemical exports. Gas-to-liquid projects are also being launched. How the region takes advantage of its natural gas...
- Netherlands. // Gas Deregulation Report Global;2002, Vol. 1, p82
Presents information on the natural gas industry in the Netherlands. Facts about the country's natural gas reserves; Background of Gas N.V. Nederlandse Unie; Details of the Gas Act.
- An electric dystopia: New Zealand's experience with reform. Leyland, Bryan // Power Economics;Jun2003, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on the challenges faced by the energy industry in New Zealand. Impact of reforms and deregulation; Decline of gas reserves; Campaign for electricity savings.
- GAS. // EEBR Report - Netherlands;2004, p25
Focuses on the supply of natural gas in the Netherlands. Graphical representation of natural gas production and consumption from 1980-2002; Information on gas supply companies in the country; Status of privatization and deregulation; Market shares of retail gas supply.
- Alaskan Gas Supplies May Find Welcome Home. Share, Jeff // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Mar2000, Vol. 227 Issue 3, p58
Discusses Alaska's potential for being a source of natural gas reserves that will enable the natural gas industry to expand and meet the anticipated boom in demand. Concerns over the future supply of natural gas in the United States; Costs of developing natural gas pipelines in Alaska.
- Israel. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/25/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the natural gas reserves at the Or-1 well, located offshore Israel in the Med Yavne concession.
- Egypt. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/3/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p16
Reports on the Egyptian government's decision to revise its estimate of Egypt's proven recoverable gas reserves. Further discoveries of gas in the Mediterranean off the Nile Delta coast; Gas and oil discoveries in the first half of 1999; Natural gas production in the country from 1993 to 2000.