FROM WIDGETS TO DIGITS: EMPLOYMENT REGULATION FOR THE CHANGING WORKPLACE
- FROM WIDGETS TO DIGITS: REIMAGINING PROTECTIVE WORKPLACE POLICY; A REVIEW OF KATHERINE STONE'S, FROM WIDGETS TO DIGITS: EMPLOYMENT REGULATION FOR THE CHANGING WORKPLACE. Nance, Cynthia // Employee Rights & Employment Policy Journal;2005, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p407
Reviews the book "From Widgets to Digits: Employments Regulation for the Changing Workplace," by Katherine Stone.
- No Longer Just Company Men: The Flexible Workforce and Employment Discrimination. Cherry, Miriam A. // Berkeley Journal of Employment & Labor Law;2006, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p209
The article reviews the book "From Widgets to Digits: Employment Regulation for the Changing Workplace," by Katherine V. W. Stone.
- From Widgets to Digits: Employment Regulation for the Changing Workplace. // Future Survey;Mar2005, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p20
Reviews the book "From Widgets to Digits: Employment Regulation for the Changing Workplace," by Katherine V. W. Stone.
- THE FOUR PILLARS OF WORK LAW. Lobel, Orly // Michigan Law Review;May2006, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p1539
Reviews two books about employment. "Employment Relations in the United States: Law, Policy and Practice," by Raymond Hogler; "From Widgets to Digits: Employment Regulation for the Changing Workplace," by Katherine V. W. Stone.
- Mapping the Boundaries of Human Rights at Work. Hilgert, Jeff // Labor Studies Journal;Mar2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p21
Over the past twenty years, International Labour Standards have been cited increasingly as the authoritative, worldwide body of jurisprudence on workers' rights as human rights. Continuing the debate on what constitutes labor rights, the author contrasts the definition of workers' rights under...
- Unions, Education, and the Future of Low-Wage Workers. Selmi, Michael // University of Chicago Legal Forum;2009, p147
The article discusses the futures of low-wage work and low-wage workers. It explores the means that provides meaningful work and welfare to those belonging to the low-wage sector of the economy. It stresses the approach that is dependent on union organizing that makes law-wage jobs better...
- EMPLOYMENT LAW ADVICE. // Commercial Motor;10/20/2011, Vol. 216 Issue 5455, p30
The article presents questions and answers related to employment law including the definition of collective amenities, the qualifying period of agency workers, and the definition of basic working conditions.
- Cover your back. James, Lisa // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals (00494577);5/5/2003, Issue 1666, p66
Reports on the British government's plan to introduce workplace laws to make it more difficult for employees to take their employers to Employment Tribunals. Increase in the number of claims made for discrimination or unfair dismissal against employers in the country; Tightening of rules on how...
- Employment law myths exposed. // Computer Weekly;7/29/2008, p24
The article introduces an article by lawyers Anna West and Adam Rice about workplace rights, which can be read on www.computerweekly.com.