Science for survival: scientific research and the public Interest
- Science for Survival: Scientific Research and Public Interest (Book). Slayton, Rebecca // Science & Public Policy (SPP);Apr2005, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p168
Reviews the book "Science for Survival: Scientific Research and Public Interest," by Peter Cotgreave.
- Introductory ecology (Book). Wymer, Paul // Biologist;Oct2002, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p230
Reviews the book 'Introductory Ecology,' by Peter Cotgreave and Irwin Forseth.
- Book reviews. Bock, Walter J. // Central European History (Brill Academic Publishers);1997, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p322
Reviews the book `Biologists Under Hitler,' by Ute Deichmann, translated by Thomas Dunlap.
- Government spending review to double science budget. Yeates, Harry // Electronics Weekly;7/14/2004, Issue 2155, p1
Monday saw the Chancellor present his Spending Review to Parliament. Although its contents were not available, the feeling among policy watchers in the run up to the announcement has been that science should expect to do well. Peter Cotgreave, director of the Save British Science Society said...
- Halley's middle species mystery. McWilliam, Fiona // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Jan1998, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p21
Reports on the comments of Peter Cotgreave, a conservation biologist and development officer at the British Institute of Zoology, regarding two creatures, presumably cormorants, drawn by Edmund Halley during the 18th century. Description of the creatures; Belief of Cotgreave that the creatures...
- Technology teaching is a 'disaster'. Yeates, Harry // Electronics Weekly;4/5/2006, Issue 2235, p1
This article reports that Great Britain faces an acute shortage of school science and maths teachers in maintaining its competitiveness in science and technology. Professor Peter Littlewood, head of physics at Cambridge University, told that he saw nothing to suggest a lack of enthusiasm on the...
- Poverty and dependency. Rotondaro, Fred // Christian Century;12/2/92, Vol. 109 Issue 35, p1110
Reviews the two new books titled `Rethinking Social Policy,' by Christopher Jencks and `The New Politics of Poverty,' by Lawrence M. Mead.
- Public Welfare (Book Review). Dykstra, Anne F. // Library Journal;2/15/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p497
Reviews the book 'Public Welfare,' by Arthur Spindler.
- PUBLIC WELFARE IN THE UNITED STATES. // Journal of Social Forces;Mar1923, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p331
Reviews the book "Public Welfare in the United States."