ENDING POVERTY AS WE KNOW IT: GUARANTEEING A RIGHT TO A JOB AT A LIVING WAGE (Book)
- Ending Poverty As We Know It: Guaranteeing a Right to a Job at a Living Wage (Book). Cormier, David; Feekin, Lynn // Labor Studies Journal;Winter2005, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p118
Reviews the book "Ending Poverty As We Know It: Guaranteeing a Right to a Job at a Living Wage," by William P. Quigley.
- Ending poverty as we know it (Book). Parrish, Michael // Business Horizons;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p84
Reviews the book "Ending Poverty As We Know It," by William Quigley.
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Zambia;Mar2006, p5
Provides information on the economy of Zambia as of March 2006. Percentage of Zambians that live in poverty; Per capita annual income in the country; Problem with unemployment and underemployment.
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Zambia;Jan2006, p5
The article describes the economic conditions in Zambia. The percentage of Zambians that live in poverty is noted. The annual income per capita in the country is reported. It is noted that social indicators in the region continue to decline. Unemployment and underemployment are being considered...
- The contribution of hour constraints to working poverty in Britain. Brown, Sarah; Sessions, J. G.; Watson, Duncan // Journal of Population Economics;Apr2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p445
We explore the implications of hours demand constraints on the propensity to experience poverty. Our analysis of British data suggests that whilst the extent of poverty increased over the period 1985�2001, its intensity, under some measures, declined. In terms of hours constraints, we find...
- The Number of Americans Living in Poverty Rising. // PA Times;Jan2003, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p2
Reports increase in the number of citizens living in poverty in the U.S. Decline of the median household income; Average unemployment rate; Statistics on the number of Americans seeking emergency assistance.
- Unemployment peaks. Raghavan, Chakravarthi // New Internationalist;Mar99, Issue 310, p4
Reports on the International Labor Organization's findings on worldwide unemployment levels. Estimates on the number of people unemployed or underemployed; Effects of the financial crisis to employment.
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Zambia;Jun2005, p5
Describes the economic condition of Zambia. Percentage of Zambians who live in poverty; Prevalence of unemployment and underemployment in the country; Impact of HIV/AIDS on the Zambian economic, political, cultural and social development.
- JOBS, INCOME, AND POVERTY: SELECTED OBSERVATIONS ON THE BICOL RIVER BASIN, CAMARINES SUR. Illo, Jeanne Frances // Philippine Sociological Review;Jul-Oct1977, Vol. 25 Issue 3/4, p119
The article explores the patterns of unemployment and underemployment in the Bicol River Basin, Camarines Sur, Philippines. The Bicol River Basin's economy is basically agricultural: farms absorb about 56 percent of the area's labor force. The marked duality of the Basin economy is further...