- THE DEVELOPMENT OF NEW ZEALAND'S SECURED TRANSACTIONS JURISPRUDENCE. Gedye, Mike // University of New South Wales Law Journal;2011, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p696
The article offers information about laws regarding secured transactions in New Zealand. Topics include the Personal Property Securities Act 1999 in New Zealand, the development of jurisprudence in New Zealand and Australia regarding secured transactions, and court cases in New Zealand related...
- Commercial Law. Barham, Paul // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov2002, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p87
Features the book "Personal Property Securities Act: A Conceptual Approach," by L. Widdup and L. Mayne.
- UCC Article 9 Perfection Methods: Filing Isn't the Only Answer. Anderson, Kelly // Community Banker;Feb2004, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p62
Provides information on the rules of the Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code for perfecting security interest in most types of personal property collateral in the U.S. Filing a financing statement; Exceptions to the general rule.
- Revised Article 9 and the PPSA: A Comparison of the American and Canadian Secured Property Legal Regimes. Clark, Daryl E. // Secured Lender;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p8
Compares the U.S. Uniform Commercial Code (Article 9) with the Canadian Personal Property Security Acts (PPSA). History and application of the PPSA; Categories of collateral under PPSA; Differences between Article 9 and PPSA.
- THE PPSA: THE EXTENDED REACH OF THE DEFINITION OF THE PPSA SECURITY INTEREST. Stumbles, John G. H. // University of New South Wales Law Journal;2011, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p448
The article offers information about the effect of the Australian Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (PPSA) on security interest. Topics include the Corporations Act 2001 in the country, the Bankruptcy Act 1966, and the security interest under the U.S. Uniform Commercial Code. The article...
- THE PPSA: CONTINUING THE RECONCEPTUALISATION OF RETENTION OF TITLE (ROMALPA) SECURITY. Collier, Berna; Nessen, Paul Von; Collier, Alan // University of New South Wales Law Journal;2011, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p567
The article offers information about the effect of the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (PPSA) in Australian law on the legal principles related to security interests. Topics include retention of title in property law, the reselling of goods under PPSA, and ownership of goods in relation to...
- PMSIs Under the Ontario PPSA - Special Priority for Suppliers. Mark, Lori // Business Credit;Jun2004, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p53
Discusses the provisions of the Personal Property Security Act (PPSA) in Ontario covering purchase money security interest (PMSI). Definition of PMSI under the PPSA; Effect of a PMSI; Reasons for using a PMSI; Best practices for PMSI holders.
- Lien Law Update. // Business Credit;Jun2004, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p61
Reports on developments related to lien laws and legislation in the U.S. as of June 2004. Fair Pay in Construction Act legislation in Oklahoma; Provisions of the Anti-Indemnity Legislation in Kansas.
- Commerical law ch-ch-changes. Moorman, David // NZ Business;Dec99/Jan2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p32
Informs on impending changes in the commercial law of New Zealand. Terms of the Personal Property Securities Act of 1999; Application of law to transactions related to personal property; Effect of law on banks and financiers; Special rules for farmers and suppliers; Protection of consumers;...