Books Received: Engineering & Applied Sciences
- TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, BUILDING CONSTRUCTION, FIREFIGHTING. // Reference & Research Book News;Feb2004, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p250
Lists books related to technology, engineering, building construction and firefighting which appeared in the February 2004 issue of "Reference and Research Book News." "Dam Politics; Restoring America's Rivers," by William R. Lowry; "Report on New Projects, 2001"; "The Paris-Lexington Road;...
- Engineering & Applied Sciences. // American Scientist;Nov/Dec88, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p638
Lists books about engineering and applied science. "Design for Assembly," 2nd ed., by M. M. Andreasen, S. Kahler and T. Lund; "Microwave Solid State Circuit Design," by I. Bahl and P. Bhartia; "Computational Fluid Dynamics," by T. K. Bose; "Electric Motor Handbook," edited by B. J. Chalmers.
- Read More. // Delta Force in Action;2008, p31
The sources cited within this issue are presented including "Spy Technology," by Ron Fridell and "Bodyguard," by Heidi Zeigler.
- BORNEO BIBLIOGRAPHY 2004. // Borneo Research Bulletin;2004, Vol. 35, p223
This article presents a bibliography related to Borneo. Some of the publications listed in the bibliography are "Evaluation of Nitrate Transport to Underground Environment as Affected by Water-table Depths"; "Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering in Arid Lands"; 'Weather Patterns of...
- Engineering & Applied Sciences. // American Scientist;Nov/Dec86, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p693
Presents a list of books about engineering and applied sciences. "Electromagnetic Fields," by J.V. Bladel; "The Hartley Transform," by R.N. Bracewell; "The Portrait of a Crack," by V. Finkel and translated by Y. Nadler.
- Books Received: Engineering and Applied Sciences. // American Scientist;Jul/Aug85, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p393
Lists books about engineering and applied sciences published in 1985. 'Polymer Processing and Properties,' edited by G. Astarita and L. Nicolais; 'Hydrometallurgical Progress Fundamentals,' edited R.G. Bautista; 'Cold Plasma Waves,' by H.G. Booker.
- Scientific forecasting. // Futurist;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p42
Summarizes the book `Taming the Future: A Revolutionary Breathrough,' by Kenneth E. F. Watt. Major turning points in society; Revitalization of interests in scientific forecasting; Links of forecasting with planning; Watt' s paradigm; Case studies; Benefits for professional forecasters.
- BRIEF NOTES ON RECENT GOVERNMENT PUBLICATIONS. // ACES Bulletin;Winter74, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p79
Lists books related to economics. 'The Structure of Soviet Outlays on R and D in 1960 and 1968,' by Nancy Nimitz; 'Technology Exchange: Import Possibilities From the U.S.S.R.,' by James C. DeHaven; 'Estimating the Market for Computers in the Soviet Unions and Eastern Europe,' by John P. Stein.
- Books Received. // Style;Fall2005, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p378
The article presents a bibliography on drama and literary style including The Writer's Craft, the Culture's Technology, edited by Carmen Rosa Caldas-Coulthard and Michael Toolan and Kurt Vonnegut's Crusade: Or, How a Postmodern Harlequin Preacheda New Kind of Humanism, by Todd F. Davis.