Books Received: Physical Sciences
- NOTICES OF BOOKS. // Journal for the History of Astronomy;May2005, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p246
Presents notices of books related to astronomy. "Shoemaker by Levy: The Man Who Made an Impact," by David H. Levy; "Sidereus Nuncius," by Galileo Galilei; "Frozen Earth: The Once and Future Story of Ice Ages," by Doug Macdougall; "The Newtonian Moment: Isaac Newton and the Making of Modern...
- New books. // South African Journal of Science;Oct97, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p429
Presents several books on physical sciences available as of October 1997. Includes `Our Evolving Universe,' by Malcolm Longair; `The Sea Surface and Global Change,' edited by Peter S. Liss and Robert A. Duce; `The Blue Laser Diode,' by Shuji Nakamura.
- Physical science. // Science & Children;Sep1994, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p45s
Presents literature in physical science. `Targeting Students' Science Misconceptions,' by Joseph Stepans; `Science on a Shoestring,' by Herb Strongin; `The Sound Spectrum'; `Sound Science,' by Etta Kaner; `Physics for Every Kid,' by Janice VanCleave; `Amusement Park Physics,' by Nathan A....
- NEW BOOKS. // Physics Today;Jun88, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p90
This section presents a bibliography of physics books.
- New books. // Physics Today;Mar76, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p62
Presents a list of books on physics released as of March 1, 1976.
- Physical Sciences. // American Scientist;Nov/Dec88, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p635
Lists books on physical sciences. "Condensed Matter Theories," edited by J. S. Arponen, R. F. Bishop and M. Manninen; "The Theory of Pseudo-Rigid Bodies," by H. Cohen and R. G. Muncaster; "Exploration of Halley's Comet," edited by M. Grewing, F. Praderie and R. Reinhard; "Quantitative...
- Physical Sciences. // American Scientist;Nov/Dec87, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p651
Lists books on physical science. 'Interstellar Magnetic Fields: Observation and Theory,' edited by R. Beck and R. Grave; 'Nonlinearity in Condensed Matter,' edited by A.R. Bishop; 'General Relativity and Gravitational Physics,' edited by U.R. Bruzzo and E. Massa Cianci; 'Spin Glasses and Other...
- new books. // Physics Today;Feb80, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p59
Presents several reading materials on physics. 'New Phenomenon in Lepton-Hadron Physics,' edited by D. E. C. Fries and J. Weiss; 'Relativistic Particle Physics,' H. M. Pilkuhn; Viscosity of Dense Fluids,' by K. Stephan and K. Lucas.
- New Books. // Physics Today;Sep2005, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p62
Presents a list of books on several branches of physics. "Physical Acoustics in the Solid State," by B. L�thi; "Astrophysics of Life," edited by M. Livio, I. N. Reid and W. B. Sparks; "Atomic Physics," by C. J. Foot.