Cultures of the World: Jordan
- ON THE JOB. // Wyoming Business Report;Apr2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p15
The article announces the appointment of Coleman Smith Jr. as Wyoming's area manager of the Bureau of Reclamation's Great Plains Region, R. Bruce Duncan as chief executive officer of Evolving Gold Corp., and Patrick Condon as member of the Board of Directors of Cloud Peak Energy.
- Great wall. Khan, Surina A. // Advocate;3/22/94, Issue 651, p76
Comments on the book 'Cultural Revolution,' by Norman Wong. Plot; Title character.
- Culture and achievement. Glazer, Nathan // Public Interest;Summer2000, Issue 140, p49
Presents an excerpt from the book `Culture Matters: How Values Shape Human Progress,' edited by Lawrence E. Harrison and Samuel P. Huntington, about culture and achievement.
- Badly connected: The passionate intensity of cultural studies. Collini, Stefan // Victorian Studies;Summer93, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p455
Discusses the implications of the book `Cultural Studies,' edited by Lawrence Grossberg, Cary Nelson and Paula A. Treichier. Complaints of the author against the academic foundation of cultural studies; British roots of the discipline; Academic paranoia regarding established notions of...
- Discipline and publish. Cottom, Daniel // Victorian Studies;Summer93, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p461
Discusses the implications of the book `Cultural Studies,' edited by Lawrence Grossberg, Cary Nelson and Paula A. Treicher. Relevance of language to the credibility of the book's essays; Comparison of the book's focus with a paper of philosopher Jacques Derrida; How the academic sector can...
- The celebrity economy of cultural studies. Langbauer, Laurie // Victorian Studies;Summer93, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p466
Discusses the implications of the book `Cultural Studies,' edited by Lawrence Grossberg, Cary Nelson and Paula A. Treicher. Impact of economic factors on academia; Importance of identity in cultural studies; Complaints against the book's overly optimistic assumptions.
- Medicine and books. Abbasi, Kamran // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);02/21/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7131, p637
Reviews the book `Culture and Health,' by Malcolm MacLachlan.
- Response to Reviews of 'Cultural Psychotherapy: Working with Culture in the Clinical Encounter.' Seeley, Karen // Pastoral Psychology;Sep2002, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p77
Replies to the reviews about the author's book 'Cultural Psychotherapy: Working With Culture in the Clinical Encounter.' Intercultural and interdisciplinary exchanges; Importance of eliciting patients' cultural histories; Feminist perspectives in examining intercultural treatments.
- Index. // Spain: The Culture;2002, p32
This article presents an index of the book, Spain: The Culture.