Mathematics & Computer Science
- Mathematics & Computer Science. // American Scientist;Nov/Dec88, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p1
Lists books on mathematics and computer science. "Electronics and Computer Acronyms," by P. Brown; "Modelling and Control of Dynamic Flows in Communication Networks," by J. Filipiak; "Neurocomputing: Foundation of Research," edited by J. A. Anderson and E. Rosenfeld; "Lecture Notes in Computer...
- USABILITY ENGINEERING. // Library Technology Reports;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p11
Cites the writings and teachings of a handful of usability experts, practitioners, and observers in the U.S. Guideline for incorporating usability engineer and conducting usability tests; Acknowledgement on the scope and purpose of usability.
- Best sellers. Van Tyle, Sherrie // Electronic Design;11/11/93, Vol. 41 Issue 23, p114
Lists the best-selling electronics and computer science books in Silicon Valley, California. `Art of Electronics,' by Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill; `Art of Electronics Student Manual,' by Paul Horowitz; `Basic Electronics, 7th edition,' by Bernard Grob; `JPEG Still Image Data Compression,'...
- Best sellers. // Electronic Design;1/10/94, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p113
Presents best-selling electronics and computer science books. Includes `Art of Electronics,' by Paul Horowitz and Wienfield Hill; `Discrete Time Signal Processing,' by Alan V. Oppenheim and Ronald W. Schafer; `Mythical Mammoth,' by Frederick Brooks.
- Polish up your mathematics. Stewart, Ian // New Scientist;10/17/92, Vol. 136 Issue 1843, p44
Presents a specialist reviewers' guide to books for students on mathematics. `Mathematics Recovered: For the Natural and Medical Sciences,' by Dennis Rosen; `Discrete Mathematics for New Technology,' by Rowan Garnier and John Taylor; `Introduction to the Galois Correspondence,' by Maureen...
- Collected works. Dorner, Jane // New Scientist;10/12/96, Vol. 152 Issue 2051, p45
Cites some books and CD-ROMs about mathematics. `Incredible Comparison,' Russell Ash; `How Mathematics Works,' by Carol Vorderman; `Peter Rabbit's Number Garden'; `Treasure MathStorm'; `Outnumbered'; `Multimedia Revision Guide for GCSE Mathematics'; `Multimedia Revision Guide for GCSE Science.'
- Books Received. // Journal of Logic & Computation;Jun2001, Vol. 11 Issue 3
Lists books received by the periodical 'Journal of Logic & Computation,' in its June 1, 2001 issue. 'Handbook of Logic in Computer Science,' by S. Abramsky, D.M. Gabbay and T.S.E. Maibaum; 'Symbolic Algebraic Methods and Verification Methods,' edited by G. Alefeld, J. Rohn. S. Rump and T....
- The Nth Degree. // Independent School;Fall91, Vol. 51 Issue 1, The Reporter p14
Introduces `The Nth Degree,' a secondary level mathematics journal for students published by students Nichols School in New York state. Call for general math-related articles; Release of first issue in November 1991.
- Mathstart in the making. Murphy, Stuart J. // Book Links;Jul96, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p25
Presents a plan to make learning mathematics easier for children. Lack of interest in children to be numerate and adult attitudes serving to legitimize them; `Math Curse,' book by Jon Scieszka; Development of ideas for elementary and preschool math mathematicians; Bibliography.