Cardiogenic Shock (Book)
- Cardiogenic Shock: Mechanism and Management. Crampton, Richard S. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug74, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p277
Reviews the book 'Cardiogenic Shock: Mechanism and Management,' by Richard J. Kones.
- Cardiogenic Shock: Diagnosis and Treatment. Loyalka, Pranav // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2002, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p228
Reviews the book 'Cardiogenic Shock: Diagnosis and Treatment,' edited by David Hasdai, Peter B. Berger, Alexander Battler and David R. Holmes, Jr.
- The downward spiral of cardiogenic shock. Hands, ME; Rutherford, JD // Patient Care;9/30/1994, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p24
Discusses myocardial damage as the basic problem of cardiogenic shock. Deterioration upon crossing of threshold level; Description of a positive feedback.
- Cardiogenic Shock. Califf, Robert M.; Bengtson, James R. // New England Journal of Medicine;6/16/94, Vol. 330 Issue 24, p1724
Discusses various aspects of cardiogenic shock. Definition; Pathophysiology; Clinical epidemiology; Clinical assessment; Intraaortic balloon pumping; Thrombolytic therapy; Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty; Conclusions.
- Gaining ground on cardiogenic shock. Chatterjee, Kanu; Haft, Jacob // Patient Care;9/30/1994, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p24
Presents steps on dealing with a patient who suffered from cardiogenic shock. Causes of cardiogenic shock; Clinical signs; Use of echocardiography with Doppler and Swan-Ganz catherization in evaluation; Therapeutic strategy; Angioplasty in patients with pump failure. INSET: Guidelines for the...
- MANAGEMENT OF CARDIOGENIC SHOCK COMPLICATING ACUTE MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION. Menon, Venu; Hochman, Judith S. // Heart;Nov2002, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p531
Discusses the incidence of cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction. Prediction and prevention of shock; Clinical recognition; Etiology; Management of cardiogenic shock; Management of mechanical complications.
- 701 Intracardiac minipump provides significantly effective cardiac and circulatory support during severe acute cardiogenic shock. Reesink, K.D.; Dekker, A.L.A.J.; Van der Nagel, T.; Van Ommen, G.V.A.; Soemers, A.C.M.; Geskes, G.G.; Maessen, J.G.; Van der Veen, F.H. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;Jun2004, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p145
An abstract of the study "Intracardiac Minipump Provides Significantly Effective Cardiac and Circulatory Support During Severe Acute Cardiogenic Shock," by K. D. Reesink and colleagues is presented.
- 487 Levosimendan neither improves nor worsens mortality in patients with cardiogenic shock. Omerovic, E.; Ramunddal, T.; Albertsson, P.; Matejka, G. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;
An abstract of the article "Levosimendan Neither Improves nor Worsens Mortality in Patients With Cardiogenic Shock," by E. Omerovic and colleagues is presented.
- SHOCK IN CHILDREN: CRITICAL CARE MANAGEMENT. Gopinath, Praveen // Journal of the Nepal Medical Association;May/Jun2004, Vol. 43 Issue 153, p176
Presents a letter to the editor about the management of cardiogenic shock.