- What's Your Alternative? // Body Bulletin;Nov2001, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p4
Presents a quiz on alternative therapies for ailments. Major reason for alternative remedies; List of alternative methods; Major concern in alternative care methods; Growth of the number of alternative care practitioners.
- Creativity that heals. DeVore, S. // Current Health 2;Apr89, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p20
Discusses creative arts therapy. Therapists; Communication; Building self esteem.
- Home remedies can help. // Current Health 1;Dec95 1 of 2, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p3
Presents activities on home remedies of common ailments. Finding out how people treat common ailments; Researching for medical basis; Inviting a doctor and a nutritionist to class to discuss natural remedies to common health problems; Review and discussion questions on folk remedies.
- Primal alternatives to talk therapy: The Batak `Tondi' of... Pedersen, Paul B. // Counseling & Values;Jan1993, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p52
Focuses on alternatives to talk therapy, which emphasize the importance of endogenous or inside the person resources, as opposed to exogenous sources. How the Toba Bataks tribe of North Sumatra shows how social and psychological issues can be managed.
- `I gave up everything to save my son'. DeLong, Ellen; Bartocci, Barbara // Good Housekeeping;Jan1993, Vol. 216 Issue 1, p68
Recounts the story of a single mother and her fight to save her son who suffered from juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma. Description of the condition; How she was able to get help for him even though she was without health insurance; The outcome.
- Fibromyalgia responds to electroacupuncture. // HealthFacts;Mar93, Vol. 18 Issue 166, p2
Reports that a study from Switzerland has demonstrated that electroacupuncture may be considered as a modality of treatment for fibromyalgia. University Hospital in Geneva Switzerland; November 21, 1992 issue of British Medical Journal.
- Life extension medicine tackles heart disease, cancer head-on. Gordon, Garry F. // Health News & Review;1993, Vol. 3 Issue 2, Longevity: The New Fronti pH
Discusses life extension medicine. Diagnostic procedures; Individualized optimal diet; Lifestyle changes; Maximum useful lifespan; Preventable diseases.
- MIMS prescribing quiz. // GP: General Practitioner;4/4/2008, p33
A quiz concerning medical treatments for various diseases is presented.
- Troubles float away. Itarby, K. // Psychology Today;Feb88, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p20
You step into a shallow pool of water, close the hatch, lie on your back and float in the dark. Your muscles relax, your mind wanders, and the tensions slip away. The experience is called Restricted Environmental Stimulation Therapy (REST) and these float tanks are attracting increasing...