Artificial Nutrition Support in Clinical Practice, 2nd edn (Book)
- Feeding tube placement: A 4-step approach to clinical... // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Letter;10/30/95, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p1
Reports on a four step approach for decision making by caretakers of elderly who may need feeding tube placement. Tips from Myles S. Sheehan gerontologist and specialist in internal medicine at Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois. INSET: Clinical considerations in placing a...
- Scottish court will rule on withdrawing treatment. Dyer, Clare // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/20/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7037, p995
Looks at the non-prosecution of doctors in Scotland if they withdraw treatment from patients in a persistent vegetative state with the sanction of the court. Policy statement from the Lord Advocate, Lord Mackay of Drumadoon; Court permission for doctors at Law Hospital to stop artificially...
- ASPEN Releases Pediatric Nutrition Support Handbook. // Today's Dietitian;Jun2011, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p58
No abstract available.
- BY NO EXTRAORDINARY MEANS (Book Review). Tuohey, John // Theological Studies;Dec87, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p776
Reviews the book 'By No Extraordinary Means: The Choice to Forgo Life-Sustaining Food and Water,' edited Joanne Lynn.
- Does the other hand know? Kessel, Ross // Hastings Center Report;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p3
Relates the opposing actions of an Official Solicitor and a Home Secretary on the High Court decision concerning provision of artificial feeding to patients. Britain's Law Lords; Patient in PVS; A prisoner wishing to die of starvation.
- When you think your patient needs TPN. Cerrato, Paul L. // RN;May85, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p79
Presents information on total parenteral nutrition (TPN). Patient who needs TPN; Use of TPN for gut failure; Options for treating several malnutrition.
- Tell it to the Judge. Menkin, Elizabeth S. // Journal of Palliative Medicine;Feb2005, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p6
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Artificial Nutrition and the Public Guardian," by Elizabeth S. Menkin in a 2004 issue.
- DRAFT A LIVING WILL. Audette, Marjorie Seidl // Commonweal;4/7/2006, Vol. 133 Issue 7, p2
A letter to the editor is presented about putting a feeding tube on a patient's chest.
- SCHIAVO & DOUBLE EFFECT. Williams, Gerald J. // Commonweal;4/7/2006, Vol. 133 Issue 7, p2
A letter to the editor is presented about the removal of feeding tube from Terri Schiavo, a patient who is in persistent vegetative state.