Therapeutic Roles of Selective COX-2 Inhibitors (Book)
- Erratum to: Preventive effects of COX-2 inhibitor, celecoxib on renal tubular injury induced by shock wave lithotriptor. Park, Hyoung; Lee, Hae; Lee, Kwang; Choi, Jong; Jeong, Byong; Kim, Hyeon // Urological Research;Aug2010, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p229
A correction to the article "Preventive effects of COX-2 inhibitor, celecoxib on renal tubular injury induced by shock wave lithotriptor" that was published in the April 2, 2010 issue is presented.
- Pharmacokinetic Evaluation of Rofecoxib: Comparison of Tablet and Suspension Formulations. Schwartz, Jules I.; Larson, Patrick J.; Porras, Arturo G.; Viswanathan-Aiyer, Kala-Jyoti; Agrawal, Nancy G.B.; Lasseter, Kenneth C.; Mazenko, Ralph S.; Merschman, Sheila A.; Gertz, Barry J. // Clinical Drug Investigation;2003, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p503
Objective: Rofecoxib suspension is a formulation developed to increase the convenience of rofecoxib therapy for patients who have difficulty swallowing tablets. This open-label, two-part study compared the single-dose pharmacokinetics of rofecoxib tablets and rofecoxib suspension in healthy...
- Clinical Pharmacokinetics of Nimesulide. Bernareggi, A. // Clinical Pharmacokinetics;1998, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p247
Nimesulide is a selective COX-2 inhibitor used in a variety of inflammatory, pain and fever states. After healthy volunteers received oral nimesulide 100mg in tablet, granule or suspension form the drug was rapidly and extensively absorbed. Mean peak concentrations (C) of 2.86 to 6.50 mg/L were...
- The Second Generation of COX-2 Inhibitors: What Advantages Do the Newest Offer? Stichtenoth, D.O.; Frölich, J.C. // Drugs;2003, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p33
The discovery of two cyclooxygenase (COX)-isoenzymes, a constitutive COX-1, serving homeostatic prostanoid synthesis, and an inducible COX-2, responsible for proinflammatory prostanoid production, led to the development of new non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), the selective COX-2...
- COX-2 Inhibitors ? Is there cause for concern? Seibert, Karen; Lefkowith, James; Tripp, Catherine; Isakson, Peter; Needleman, Philip // Nature Medicine;Jun99, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p621
A new study calls for further investigation into the potential benefits and risks of COX-2 specific inhibitors (pages 698?701).
- COX-2 in Cancerâ€”A Player That's Defining the Rules. Hawk, Ernest T.; Viner, Jaye L.; Dannenberg, Andrew; DuBois, Raymin N. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;4/17/2002, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p545
Editorial. Examines the antitumor activity of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) for enzyme activity. Induction of apoptosis; Assessment on the effects of COX-2 expression on cell viability and sensitivity to apoptosis; Administration of structure activity analysis of celecoxib derivatives to determine...
- Cyclooxygenase-2, Player or Spectator in Cycloocygenase-2 Inhibitor-Induced Apoptosis in Prostate Cancer Cells. Xueqin Song; Ho-Pi Lin; Johnson, Amy J.; Ping-Hui Tseng; Ya-Ting Yang; Kulp, Samuel K.; Ching-Shih Chen // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;4/17/2002, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p585
Examines the antitumor activity of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitors for enzyme activity. Ability to induce apoptosis; Administration of COX-2 structure-activity analysis of the COX-2 inhibitor celecoxib in the androgen-independent prostate cancer cell; Separation of activities to provide...
- Are newer arthritis drugs safer? // Consumer Reports on Health;Dec2001, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p10
Assesses the safety of cyclooxygenase 2 (COX-2)-inhibitors for the treatment of arthritis in the United States. Efficacy of COX-2 for stomach and standard medications; Influence of COX-2 on the risk for heart attack and stroke; Traditional treatment of arthritis.
- COX-2 expression associated with bladder CIS outcome. Prescott, Lawrence M. // Urology Times;Sep2001, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the association of bladder carcinoma with cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitors. Increase risk of bladder cancer and recurrence; Involvement in cell proliferation; Absence of muscle-invasive carcinoma.