How HR can help turn corporate fat to muscle
- Books. C.K. // Director (00123242);Mar1998, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p90
Reviews the book `From Leanness to Fitness: Developing Corporate Muscle,' by Michel Syrett and Jean Lammiman.
- CIMA Publishing. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Sep99, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p13
Presents information on books from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). `From Leanness to Fitness: Developing Corporate Muscle,' by M. Syrett and J. Lammiman; `Financial Strategy: Adding Stakeholder Value,' edited by J. Rutterford; `Practical Benchmarking: A Manager's Guide...
- Bureaucratic and strategic human resource management: An empirical comparison in the federal... Mesch, Debra J.; Perry, James L. // Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory;Oct95, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p385
Attempts to identify significant differences between the bureaucratic model of human resource management (HRM) and the strategic human resource management (SHRM) model. Titles 38 and 5 of the United States Code which embodies ideas associated with strategic and bureaucratic HRM system...
- New Products. // Employee Benefit News;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p64
Presents products launched for employees in the U.S. as of April 2003. Focus of the designation, Compensation Management Specialist developed by the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist Program; Resources introduced by CIGNA Retirement and Investment Services; Action taken by Charles Schwab...
- Trust slips away. Lucia, Al // Executive Excellence;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p12
Offers advice for executives on how to rebuild employee trust. Importance of trying more candor and honesty; Need to address deficiencies in performance; Offering of individual development.
- Human resources. Parmenter, David // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p62
Questions whether the functions of human resources (HR) individuals are needed, highlighting some of the consequences of depleting human resources. Functions of HR; Effective ways which HR practitioners have for recruiting employees; What the possible consequences of removing an internal HR...
- Australian HR professionals identify their key challenges. Frazee, Valerie // Workforce;Oct97 Supplement Global Workforce, Vol. 76, p9
Focuses on issues in human resource management cited by large Australian organizations as their key challenges in 1997. Organizational restructuring/cultural change as the business priority for 1997; Learning and development; Performance management; Succession planning.
- News tidbits. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p13
Highlights developments of interest to human resource professionals in the United States. Includes federal prosecutors' lawsuit against a former Forbes employee for allegedly secretly hacking into the publishing company's computers; Downsizing plans of Waste Management Inc. in Illinois;...
- Getting ahead by going abroad. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Workforce (10928332);Jan98 Supplement Global Workforce, Vol. 77, p10
Urges personnel management employees to specialize in international human resources (HR). Advantages of international HR; Contributions of international HR on Hines Co. HR manager Edward Barrall; Significance of knowledge on international cultures in managing a diverse workforce; Important...