Resources in brief
- The JAL guide to the professional literature: Electronic libraries. Altman, Ellen; Pratt, Allan // Journal of Academic Librarianship;May97, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p253
Presents an abstract of the article `Living Books and Dynamic Electronic Libraries,' by Philip Barker taken from the December 1996 issue of `The Electronic Library'.
- The JAL guide to the professional literature: Electronic reserves. Altman, Ellen; Pratt, Allan // Journal of Academic Librarianship;May97, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p254
Presents an abstract of the article `Transforming Libraries: Issues and Innovations in Electronic Reserves,' by George J. Soete taken from the pilot issue of the `Transforming Libraries' series.
- The JAL guide to the professional literature: Virtual libraries. Altman, Ellen; Pratt, Allan // Journal of Academic Librarianship;May97, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p260
Presents abstracts about virtual libraries for academic librarians. Internet Public Library; Implications of virtual library for librarians.
- Online digital libraries offer public access. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;5/20/96, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p32
Reports that libraries at research institutions are increasingly access to digital archives. Description; Applications; Benefits to users.
- Advances in Digital Libraries '96. Feldman, Susan // Searcher;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p39
Highlights the 1996 Advances in Digital Libraries Forum on Research and Technology. Non-technical issues; Intellectual property rights; Problems of heterogeneous distributed resources through the use of intermediary programs.
- National Digital Library under construction. Carter, Kim // Technology & Learning;Apr97, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p54
Reports on the construction of a National Digital Library in the United States, a joint project of the Library of Congress, the Commission on Preservation and Access and other research libraries and archives. Purpose of the library; How the library will be funded; Details on the Library of...
- Reviews. Graf, Nancy // Technology Connection;Mar97, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p36
Reviews Electric Library made by Infonautics.
- Digital libraries: A selected resource guide. Klemperer, Katharina; Chapman, Stephen // Information Technology & Libraries;Sep97, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p126
Presents a resources guide on digital libraries. Main issues for exploring and keeping informed on issues pertaining to digital libraries; Information on literature focusing on digital libraries; Internet addresses of online information resources.
- Visiting the Virtual Library. Schachter, Ronald // Technology & Learning;Jan2003, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p12
Discusses several online libraries for middle and high school students of the U.S. Features of the Bigchalk library for research work of the students; Resources provided by the EBSCO Ultra Online Package; Authoritative combination of national and foreign news sources provided by the LexisNexis...