- Getting the most out of resources. // CA Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p17
Reviews various books about business. `Activity-Based Management,' by James A. Brimson and John Antos; `Environmental Concerns in Business Transactions: Avoiding the Risks,' by Donald R. Cameron; `Japanophobia: The Myth of the Invincible Japanese,' by Bill Emmott; `The Art of Advice: How to Get...
- Home sweet business. // CA Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p15
Reviews books relating to home businesses. Includes `The Complete Idiot's Guide to Running a Successful Home Business for Canadians,' by Bruce McDougall; `Performance Results in Value Added Reporting,' by Ahmed Riahki-Belkaqoui; `Internal Audit and Innovation,' by James A.F. Stoner and Frank M....
- The challenges we face. // CA Magazine;Mar1997, Vol. 130 Issue 2, p15
Reviews various books on business and economy. Includes `Shakedown-How the New Economy is Changing Our Lives,' by Angus Reid; `Keep What You Earn,' by Terry Coxon; `Who Killed Confederation Life? The Inside Story,' by Rod McQueen; `Reclaiming Canada's Sovereignty,' by J.L. Biddell.
- Assessing tax info. // CA Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p15
Reviews books related to business and accounting. Includes `Tax Research in the Library' from Revenue Canada; `Customer Service on the Internet: Building Relationships, Increasing Loyalty and Staying Competitive,' by Jim Sterne; `Global Green Standards: ISO 14000 and Sustainable Development,'...
- Family ties. // CA Magazine;May97, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p11
Reviews several books related to business. Includes `Generation to Generation: Life Cycles of the Family Business,' by Kelin E. Gersick, John A. Davis, Marion McCollon Hampton and Ivan Lansberg; `Forbes Greatest Business Stories of All Time,' by Daniel Gross; `The Second Curve: Managing the...
- In the media. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 13 Issue 77, p29
Reviews several books on business. Includes `The Ethics of Authenticity,' by Charles Taylor; `The New Leaders,' by Ann M. Morrison; `Turning Points,' by Charles J. Fombrun; `Off the Books,' by Bruce Wiegand.
- Working fathers also struggle with conflict of work vs. family. O'Keefe, Terry // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;04/13/98, Issue 322289, p27
Reviews several business-related books. Includes `New Strategies for Balancing Work and Family,' by James A. Levine and Todd L. Pittinsky; `Everything You Need to Know About Your Rights as an Employee or Employer,' by Barbara J. Fick; `The Art of Third-Generation Site Design,' by David Siegel.
- Learn how to cash in on the telecommunications revolution. O'Keefe, Terry // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;05/11/98, Issue 322301, p31
Reviews several books on business. Includes `The Entrepreneur's Guide to Making Money in the Telecommunication Revolution,' by Steve Rosenbush, `What the Year 2000 Computer Crisis Means to You,' by Edward and Jennifer Yourdon and `Blueprint for Maximizing Stakeholder Value,' by David Wheeler...
- Goltz's advice: `A healthy business starts with a healthy body'. O'Keefe, Terry // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/22/98, Issue 322319, p27
Reviews several business books. Includes `133 Tough Lessons I Learned the Hard Way,' by Jay Goltz; `A Manager's Guide to Key Terms and Concepts,' by Peter G.E. Keen, Walid Mougayar and Tracy Torregrossa; `The Secrets of America's #1 Career Coach,' by Laura Berman Fortgang.