- New IPD titles will offer practical training help. // People Management;3/23/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p57
Presents several books which are designed for quick reference guides to general management skills for personnel management. `Tools for a Learning Organization,' by Michael Pearn and Chris Mulrooney; `Managing the Mosaic: Diversity in Action,' by Rajvinder Kandola and Johanna Fullerton.
- Hardwiring the learning organization. Redding, John // Training & Development;Aug97, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p61
Presents a step-by-step guide to conducting an assessment to determine whether a company has the characteristics of a learning organization. Identifying purpose and use; Selecting tools and methods; Administering and exploring results; Developing a learning organization strategy; Planning...
- The competitive strategy of mutual learning. Kellner, Stephen P.; Slavin, Lois // Training & Development;Jun98, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p72
Presents suggestions for developing mutual learning as a competitive strategy in an organization. Includes the use of common language and set of tools; Involvement of top management; Importance of conversations as a tool; Creation of opportunities for mutual learning.
- Organism and organisation. Leicester, Mal // Adults Learning;Jan96, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p123
Focuses on the meaning of organizational learning. Adaptable organization; Promotion of learning; Characteristics of learning organization; Learning society.
- Are organisations still learning? Luxford, Ian // Training Journal;Jul2012, p37
The article discusses organisational learning with a focus on the economic conditions in Great Britain as of July 2012. Topics include components of organisational innovation, methods for engaging employees with learning,
- The learning organisation: The sixth discipline? Black, D.H.; Synan, C.D. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Nov97, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p70
Introduces consultation as the sixth discipline in the debate on learning organizations. Definition of interactive consultation; Attitudes that need to be encourage to achieve successful interactive consultation; Seven attitudes that should be discouraged.
- `Point-of-need' learning. Penson, Peta G. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;12/23/96, Vol. 10 Issue 26, p1
Reports that learning is a critical factor for the success of an organization. Objective for continual learning of a subject; Recognition for difference in ways and rates of individuals; Ability of employees to get information and instruction when needed.
- The learning executive. Collins, Jim // Inc.;Aug97, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p35
Points out how few people have embraced the concept of a true learning person, despite the hype surrounding the idea of the learning organization. The difference between organizing one's time, energy, and resources around the objective of learning, instead of performance; The example of Sam...
- An old idea that has come of age. Garratt, Bob // People Management;9/21/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 19, p25
Traces the intellectual roots of the `learning organization' theory. Key conditions that can be stated for sustained organizational learning; Year when all the necessary conditions to create both the intellectual and practical basis of a learning organization were in place; Constant but...