- COMPLETE COURSE IN LISTENING: PRACTICE AND READING IN LISTENING SKILLS. Porter Jr., Robert H.; Niles, Lyndrey A. // Today's Speech;Spring1974, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p54
Reviews the book "Complete Course in Listening: Practice and Reading in Listening Skills," by Ralph G. Nichols.
- Listening to the Other -- A New Approach to Counselling and Listening Skills. McGough, Greta // Nursing Standard;3/17/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p31
The article reviews the book "Listening to the Other - A New Approach to Counselling and Listening Skills," by Caroline Brazier.
- Listening Skills--Maths Early Years (Book). Murray, Jenny // Mathematics Teaching;Jun2003, Issue 183, p46
Reviews the book 'Listening Skills--Maths Early Years,' by Sandi Rickerby and Sue Lambert.
- From the IPD. // People Management;06/29/95, Vol. 1 Issue 13, p43
Presents various books about employee management. `Managing People in Professional Practices,' by Anne Radford; `20 Ways to Manage Better,' by Andrew Leigh; `Asking Questions'; `Listening Skills.'
- Book review. Studd, Dave // Guidance & Counseling;May94, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p26
Reviews the books `How to Build Your Self-Esteem,' `Problem Solving,' and `Decision-Making,' by Barbara Braham and `Speaking Skills,' `Listening Skills,' and `Career Development and Planning,' by Ann Masters.
- The ears have it. Gershkovich, Karen // Across the Board;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p62
Presents tips on how to be an effective listener. Advantage of making an eye contact; Reasons for avoiding first words; Other things to avoid.
- How active is your listening? Donahue, Marilyn Cram // Current Health 2;Dec96, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p27
Offers advice to teenagers regarding the art of listening. Conflict resolution; Tips on how to be an active listener. INSET: Chilling out..
- Are you listening? // Current Health 1;May90, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p26
Gives advice on how to be a good listener. Preparing to listen; Concentration; Getting main idea; Picturing what the person says; Asking questions; Repeating; Using memory tricks; Importance of watching for body language.
- Can you improve someone's listening skills? Greenberg, Herb // Forum (10566937);Nov96, Issue 174, p20
Focuses on how to improve someone's listening skills. Three categories into which less than perfect listeners fall into; Technique to use when dealing with self-absorbed individuals; How to help unfocused individuals to listen better.