- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;12/7/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p58
Presents news about the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) as of December 7, 2000. Nomination deadline for a range of office, board and committee posts at the CIPD; Schedule of the CIPD course on positive influencing skills; Background on the book `Stress & Employer...
- Taking the distress -- and the legal headaches -- out of stress. // Management Services;Jul96, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p8
This article discusses the book "Stress and Employer Liability," by Jill Earnshaw and Carry Cooper. According to a recent survey by the Institute of Personnel Development, three quarters of employees feel obliged to turn up even when they are ill, a quarter took less leave than they were...
- Further Reading/Internet Resources. // Algeria;2008, p76
A list of books and Internet resources that explore Algeria is presented.
- Some Notable New Books, 1998. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p182
No abstract available.
- Best-Selling Books, 1998. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p183
No abstract available.
- Book reviews. Fenner, Michael // African Affairs;Jul94, Vol. 93 Issue 372, p461
Reviews the book `The Southern African Environment: Profiles of the SADC Countries,' by Sam Moyo, Phil O'Keefe and Michael Sill.
- Booklet on Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. // American Family Physician;3/1/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p1148
Presents information on a booklet entitled `Handout on Health: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus,' and published by the National Institute of Arthtitis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Contents of the booklet; Availability of the booklet.
- Report resources. // American Rehabilitation;Summer90, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p30
Lists of several manuals and other publications on how to develop and evaluate a corporate disability management program and for people interested in pursuing a variety of health careers. `Strategies for Maintaining a Support Group,' by Pearl R. Paulson; `The Disability Management Sourcebook,'...
- History bookshelf. // American History;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p6
Presents briefs on various books and videos on American history. `The Encyclopedia of New York City'; `Between Two Fires: American Indians In The Civil War'; `The Secret Service'; Details on other books.