It takes more than luck to avoid a grave error
- In cloud cuckoo land. Queenan, Joe // Across the Board;May95, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p58
Reviews the book `It's Not Luck,' by Eliyahu M. Goldratt.
- Must-Read Books for Surface Finishers. Kirchner, Matthew // Products Finishing;Oct2007, Vol. 71 Issue 13, p74
The article reviews several books including "Innovation: The Five Disciplines for Creating What Customers Want," by Curtis R. Carlson and William W. Wilmot, "It's Not Luck," by Eliyahu M. Goldratt, and "Million Dollar Habits," by Robert J. Ringer.
- MMS shop talk. // Modern Machine Shop;Mar95, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p38
Reports on machine industry-related developments as of March 1995. Total number of individuals designated `Certified Machine Tool Sales Engineer' by the American Machine Tool Distributor's Association; Review of the book `It's Not Luck,' by Eliyahu M. Goldratt; Gibbs and Associates' offering of...
- Getting the most out of resources. // CA Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p17
Reviews various books about business. `Activity-Based Management,' by James A. Brimson and John Antos; `Environmental Concerns in Business Transactions: Avoiding the Risks,' by Donald R. Cameron; `Japanophobia: The Myth of the Invincible Japanese,' by Bill Emmott; `The Art of Advice: How to Get...
- Home sweet business. // CA Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p15
Reviews books relating to home businesses. Includes `The Complete Idiot's Guide to Running a Successful Home Business for Canadians,' by Bruce McDougall; `Performance Results in Value Added Reporting,' by Ahmed Riahki-Belkaqoui; `Internal Audit and Innovation,' by James A.F. Stoner and Frank M....
- The challenges we face. // CA Magazine;Mar1997, Vol. 130 Issue 2, p15
Reviews various books on business and economy. Includes `Shakedown-How the New Economy is Changing Our Lives,' by Angus Reid; `Keep What You Earn,' by Terry Coxon; `Who Killed Confederation Life? The Inside Story,' by Rod McQueen; `Reclaiming Canada's Sovereignty,' by J.L. Biddell.
- Assessing tax info. // CA Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p15
Reviews books related to business and accounting. Includes `Tax Research in the Library' from Revenue Canada; `Customer Service on the Internet: Building Relationships, Increasing Loyalty and Staying Competitive,' by Jim Sterne; `Global Green Standards: ISO 14000 and Sustainable Development,'...
- Family ties. // CA Magazine;May97, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p11
Reviews several books related to business. Includes `Generation to Generation: Life Cycles of the Family Business,' by Kelin E. Gersick, John A. Davis, Marion McCollon Hampton and Ivan Lansberg; `Forbes Greatest Business Stories of All Time,' by Daniel Gross; `The Second Curve: Managing the...
- In the media. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 13 Issue 77, p29
Reviews several books on business. Includes `The Ethics of Authenticity,' by Charles Taylor; `The New Leaders,' by Ann M. Morrison; `Turning Points,' by Charles J. Fombrun; `Off the Books,' by Bruce Wiegand.