Diversity and change within European HR management
- New in print. // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p47
Presents several books about personnel management. `Personnel and the Line,' by Sue Hutchinson; `Negotiation and Change: Employee Relations in the Regulated Industries,' edited by Peter Boulting; `Self-Managed Teamworking,' by Graham Wilson.
- Newly published. // People Management;12/18/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p45
Reviews books about personnel management. `The Personnel Administration Handbook,' by John Forsaith and Nick Townsend; `Scenario Planning: Managing for the Future,' by Gill Ringland; `Handbook of Internal Communication,' edited by Eileen Scholes; `The Empowerment Pocketbook,' by Mike Applegarth...
- Newly published. // People Management;1/8/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p48
Reviews books on personnel management. Includes `Pensions Pocket Books 1998'; `Confronting Company Politics,' by Beverly Stone; `One Stop Payroll,' by Robert Leach.
- Using Chaos to Reinvent Business. McIntosh, Steve; Miller, Lynn; Lawson, Laura C. // HR Magazine;Mar2001, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p155
Reviews several books on personnel management. `Surfing the Edge of Chaos: The Laws of Nature and the New Laws of Business,' by Richard T. Pascale, Mark Millemann and Linda Gioja; `Competing for Talent: Key Recruitment and Retention Strategies for Becoming an Employer of Choice,' by Nancy S....
- JAL guide to the professional literature: Personnel and staff development. // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Nov91, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p338
Presents summaries of book reviews on personnel management and annotations in libraries. Includes `Driving Fear Out of the Workplace: How to Overcome the Invisible Barriers to Quality, Productivity, and Innovation,' by Kathleen D. Ryan; `An Early Review of Peer Review,' by Brad Lee Thompson;...
- Personnel & staff development. Altman, Ellen; Pratt, Allan // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Sep94, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p251
Reviews books on libraries' personnel and staff development. `Putting Service Into Library Staff Training,' by Joanne M. Bessler; `Library Employment Within the Law,' by Arlene Bielefield and Lawrence Cheesman; `All Things Being Unequal...,' by Joan H. Worley.
- Finding, Selecting, Developing and Retaining Data Processing Professionals Through Effective Human Resources Management. // Training & Development Journal;Aug84, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p79
Reviews the book 'Finding, Selecting, Developing and Retaining Data Processing Professionals Through Effective Human Resources Management,' by Charles LaBelle, Susan Bookbinder, John DeMarino, Michael Krawetz, Denise Kreiger, Barbara Dalton, Lynette Mayne, Leonard Smith and John Tangney.
- Personnel & staff development. Dewey, Barbara I.; Line, Maurice B. // Journal of Academic Librarianship;May94, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p118
Reviews the books `Library Employment Within the Law,' by Arlene Bielefield and L.G. Cheeseman, `Library Training Guides,' edited by David Baker, `Managing Human Resources in Research Libraries,' edited by Anne Woodsworth and E. Detlefsen and `Promoting Excellence: Personnel management and Staff...
- ASSESSING PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT (Book). Elliott, Robert H. // Southern Review of Public Administration;Dec77, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p383
Reviews the book 'Assessing Personnel Management: Objectives and Performance Indicators: A Guide for City Officials,' published by the U.S.-based Public Services Laboratory.