Water Boundaries (Book)
- Down to the Waterline: Boundaries, Nature, and the Law in Florida. Eddy, Stephen // Southeastern Naturalist;2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p568
The article reviews the book "Down to the Waterline: Boundaries, Nature, and the Law in Florida," by Sara Warner.
- The Great Lakes Water Wars. Marschall, Laurence A. // Natural History;Nov2007, Vol. 116 Issue 9, p66
The article reviews the book "The Great Lakes Water Wars," by Peter Annin.
- The Nature of Borders: Salmon, Boundaries, and Bandits on the Salish Sea. STEWART, HOWARD // BC Studies;Spring2013, Issue 177, p178
A review of the book "The Nature of Borders: Salmon, Boundaries, and Bandits on the Salish Sea," by Lissa K. Wadewitz, is presented.
- An Isopycnal View of Near-Boundary Mixing and Associated Flows. Garrett, Chris // Journal of Physical Oceanography;Jan2001, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p138
Examines an isopycnal view of near-boundary mixing and associated flows. Role of the diapycnal buoyancy flux to depict near-boundary mixing effectiveness in reduced near-boundary stratification; Clarification of result by a geometrical interpretation of reduction; Challenges in mixing...
- TEST YOURSELF. // Current Events;4/16/2007, Vol. 106 Issue 23, p8
Several quizzes concerning current events, including a British crew boat on border patrol in disputed water boundaries between Iraq and Iran, U.S. environmental protection laws, finding the best definition for the emphasized word in each sentence are presented.
- The War That Never Was. Haddadin, Munther J. // Brown Journal of World Affairs;Winter/Spring2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p321
Focuses on water disputes in the Middle East. Overview of the cycle of Middle East wars; Information on the peace process in the Middle East; Details on other water-related disputes.
- Why Is Colonel Pronounced With an R? And More Questions From Our Readers. // Smithsonian;Nov2014, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p1
The article presents questions and answers on topics including where the boundary between oceans and seas are, nonhuman animals hiccupping, and the ability of Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals to produce fertile offspring.
- LEBANON-ISRAEL-BORDERS. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);7/12/2011, Vol. 198 Issue 5130, p3
The article reports that Lebanese President Michel Suleiman has warned against unilateral decisions taken by Israel after the country approve a proposed map for its sea borders with Lebanon.
- Forecasts: Nonfiction. Stuttaford, Genevieve // Publishers Weekly;1/8/96, Vol. 243 Issue 2, p50
Reviews several nonfiction novels. Includes `Osler's Web: Inside the Labyrinth of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Epidemic,' by Hillary Johnson; `Phantom Illness: Shattering the Myth of Hypochondria,' by Carla Cantor with Brian A. Fallon; `The Ends of the Earth: A Journey at the Dawn of the 21st...