- FROM THE Editor. // Humboldt Historian;Spring2007, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses naturalist Charles I. Clay who recorded his examinations on birds and their eggs from 1909 to 1953. The article also presents a general overview of birdwatching in Humboldt County, California. The author states that Clay's diaries are preserved in the Humboldt Room at...
- OUR WILD SIDE. // South Dakota Magazine;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p85
The article presents information on a bird guide titled Backyard Birds of South Dakota that was released by the South Dakotan Game, Fish and Parks Department in 2009.
- LOOK UP. // Chicagoland Gardening;May2009, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p87
The article offers tips on how to get started as a bird watcher in Illinois. According to the Conservation Foundation, individuals should have an eastern U.S. field guide to help them identify the birds they see. It is also suggested that beginners should join a birding group, like the DuPage...
- Birding Trail Guide For Western SD. // Dakota Country;Oct2012, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p35
The article discusses the Black Hills, Badlands and Lakes Birding Trail Guide, which includes maps, bird species, and photographs from the South Dakota Department of Game, Fish and Parks.
- Smithsonian Birds of North America (Book). Armistead, Henry T. // Library Journal;12/1/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 20, p103
Reviews the book 'Smithsonian Birds of North America,' by Fred J. Alsop III.
- Birding In The National Parks: The Warbler Guide. Adams, Kirby // National Parks Traveler;7/16/2013, p1
No abstract available.
- ...ETC... // RCR Wireless News;11/3/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p8
The article offers information on miscellaneous topics including a guidebook for bird watchers, an event related to fitness, and a digital application. The "Peterson Mobile Field Guide to Backyard Birds," for bird watchers is being offered by Wildtones.com. The companies Hothand Wireless and Fox...
- Birding In The National Parks: A New Birding Book For Your Library. // National Parks Traveler;5/20/2014, p1
No abstract available.
- Make the birds an all-season peanut butter treat. Shalaway, Scott // Farm & Dairy;12/18/2014, Vol. 101 Issue 13, pC1
The article offers the author's view on using binoculars with an image stabilization system, presents a recipe for no-melt peanut butter suet, and reports the publication of the book "Lake Erie Birding Trail Guidebook."