Spanish historians on Spanish migration to America during the colonial period
- PROCESOS MIGRATORIOS HISPÃNICOS HACIA Y EN AMÃ‰RICA: DINAMISMO HUMANO Y TRANSPOSICIÃ“N DE MENTALIDADES, EL CUMPLIMIENTO DE UN SUEÃ‘O EN LA CIUDAD DEL "ORDEN" HUMANISTA. SÁNCHEZ, Delfín ORTEGA // Revista de Historia de AmÃ©rica;2007, Issue 138, p57
In this article we analyze the migratory process to and in the colonial America, which, from a perspective more interpretive than quantitative and in relation to the study of the accessions and urban development resultant structures, reflects the accomplishment of the whole transposition of...
- Winners and Losers. LUCASSEN, LEO; LUCASSEN, JAN // BMGN: Low Countries Historical Review;2012, Vol. 127 Issue 3, p83
The criticisms of Anne Winter and Matthias Kortmann of Winners and Losers enable Leo and Jan Lucassen to revise and explain more clearly a number of key arguments of their book. These particularly concern questions about the aim and usefulness of comparisons in time and space. Regarding the...
- CRISIS, XENOFOBIA Y REPATRIACIÃ“N. LOS INMIGRANTES ESPAÃ‘OLES EN LA CIUDAD DE MÃ‰XICO, 1910-1936. Lázaro, Alicia Gil // Studia Historica. Historia ContemporÃ¡nea;2010, Vol. 28, p239
This article discusses the influence of the economic crisis in Spain beginning in 1910 on the influx of immigrants to Mexico. It examines the development and revision of government policies related to immigration during this time period. The author analyzes the social conditions of Spanish...
- INMIGRANTES INDESEABLES: ESPAÃ‘OLES EXPULSADOS DE RÃO DE JANEIRO, 1907-1930. Bianco, Victor D. Zamorano // Studia Historica. Historia ContemporÃ¡nea;2010, Vol. 28, p275
This article focuses on the expulsion of Spanish immigrants living and working in RÃo de Janeiro, Brazil in the early 20th century. It examines the role of the Lei Gordo, a law that repressed labor movements and targeted foreign workers involved with labor strikes in order to deport them. The...
- "Yo tambiÃ©n emigrÃ©". Zubiaur, Paula // Nuestro Tiempo;abr-jun2013, Issue 679, p6
This article presents profiles of several Spanish-born immigrants, including Emilio Arrebola Ortiz, MarÃa PÃ©rez Moro, and Pedro Campo. Each of these immigrants reflects on their immigration experiences, their reasons for moving from Spain, and their lives both before and after the...
- The Return of the Moor: Spanish Responses to Contemporary Moroccan Immigration. Martin-Márquez, Susan // Revista de Estudios Hispanicos;may2009, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p421
The book "The Return of the Moor: Spanish Responses to Contemporary Moroccan Immigration" by Daniela Flesler is reviewed.
- Spain's New Challenge. Valls-Russell, Janice // New Leader;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p9
Describes the proliferation of illegal immigrants in Spain. Background of immigration in Spain; Measures taken by the Spanish government to regulate immigrants in the country; Employment of illegal immigrants by landowners in the country.
- El asociacionismo en la emigraciÃ³n espaÃ±ola a AmÃ©rica. Teijeiro, Domingo Rodríguez // Studia Historica. Historia ContemporÃ¡nea;2010, Vol. 28, p341
This article reviews the book "El asociacionismo en la emigraciÃ³n espaÃ±ola a AmÃ©rica," edited by Juan AndrÃ©s Blanco RodrÃguez.
- Uncertain Identity. International Migration since 1945. Quiroz, Luis Rodolfo Morán // Migraciones Internacionales;jul-dic2009, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p227
A review of the book "Uncertain Identity. International Migration Since 1945," by W. M. Spellman is presented.