- Thomas Macdonough: Master of Command in the Early U.S. Navy (Book). McKee, Christopher; Vandervort, Bruce // Journal of Military History;Jul2003, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p940
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Thomas Macdonough: Master of Command in the Early U.S. Navy,' by David Curtis Skaggs.
- Naval Warfare (Book). Sweetman, Jack // Naval History;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p57
Reviews the book 'Naval Warfare: An International Encyclopedia,' edited by Spencer C. Tucker.
- Sunburst (Book). // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2002, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p101
Reviews the book 'Sunburst: The Rise of Japanese Naval Air Power, 1909-1941,' Mark R. Peattie.
- Hitler vs. Roosevelt (Book Review). Itkin, Stanley L. // Library Journal;6/15/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p1334
Reviews the book 'Hitler vs. Roosevelt: The Undeclared Naval War,' by Thomas A. Bailey and Paul B. Ryan.
- Writing for Proceedings. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jan2016, Vol. 142 Issue 1, p95
The article offfers information on the periodical including details on Sea Services and their mission, review of articles and book reviews.
- Waves of Hate (Book). // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Oct2002, Vol. 128 Issue 10, p114
Reviews the book 'Waves of Hate: Naval Atrocities of the Second World War,' by Tony Bridgland.
- Empire and the Sea. Sears Jr., William P. // Education;Oct1946, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p87
This article reviews the book "Empire and the Sea," by Fletcher Pratt.
- ABOARD THE USS MONITOR: 1862. RUSSELL, W. H. // America;4/11/1964, Vol. 110 Issue 15, p525
The article reviews the book "Aboard the USS Monitor: 1862," edited by Robert W. Daly.
- Gunboat on the Yangtze (Book). Seamon, Richard // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jan2003, Vol. 129 Issue 1, p102
Reviews the book 'Gunboat on the Yangtze: The Diary of Captain Glenn F. Howell of the USS Palos, 1920-1921,' edited by Dennis L. Noble.