- On War (Book Review). Jacobs, Walter Darnell // Library Journal;9/15/1976, Vol. 101 Issue 16, p1852
Reviews the book 'On War,' by Carl von Clausewitz, edited and translated by Michael Howard and Peter Paret.
- On War. Von Clausewitz, Carl; Cutler, Thomas J. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jan2009, Vol. 135 Issue 1, p68
The article reviews the book "On War," by Carl von Clausewitz.
- On War (Book Review). Lowenthal, Mark M. // American Historical Review;Jun77, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p608
Reviews the book 'On War,' by Carl Von Clausewitz, edited and translated by Michael Howard and Peter Paret, with commentary by Bernard Brodie.
- Decoding Clausewitz: A New Approach to On War. Shy, John // Journal of Military History;Apr2009, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p642
The article reviews the book "Decoding Clausewitz: A New Approach to On War," by Jon Tetsuro Sumida.
- On War Without the Fog. Kiesling, Eugenia C. // Military Review;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p85
Reviews the book `On War,' by Carl Von Clausewitz.
- The Relationship of History and Theory in On War: The Clausewitzian Ideal and Its Implications. Sumida, Jon Tetsuro // Journal of Military History;Apr2001, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p333
Analyzes the method of combining history and theory as the basis for the study of critical decision making at the highest military level in book two of `On War,' by Carl von Clausewitz. Overview of the phenomenon of war contained in the first chapter of book two; Importance of Clausewitz's...
- Politics and War: Clausewitz's Paradoxical Equation. WALDMAN, THOMAS // Parameters: U.S. Army War College;Fall2010, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p1
The article discusses the views on politics and war expressed by the military theorist Carl von Clausewitz in his book "On War." It focuses on his well-known dictum that war is an instrument of policy, arguing that the depth of Clausewitz's thought on this topic is often unrecognized. The...
- The Social Science of Carl von Clausewitz. // Parameters: U.S. Army War College;Spring2006, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p79
The article focuses on Carl Von Clausewitz whose unfinished book called "On War" is well known as being prone to misinterpretation and distortion. Clausewitz recognized the danger that his work would be misunderstood if he did not live to complete his revision of On War, the book was likely to...
- Clausewitz, Carl von. Handel, Michael I. // Reader's Companion to Military History;1996, p91
Prussian General Carl Philip Gottlieb von Clausewitz joined the army at the age of twelve and saw active service against the French in 1793-1794 before entering the Berlin Military Academy. He then joined the General Staff and fought at Jena and in the Waterloo campaign before becoming director...