- Steamboats in the ice. Lewis, Walter // Beaver;Dec90/Jan91, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p23
Presents information on the role of John Hamilton in starting the steamboat transportation in Canadian history. Hamilton's first stake in the steamboat business; Effect of the course of winter in the steamboat business of Hamilton; How Hamilton commissioned the steamboat Traveller; Voyage route...
- Tsunamis. French, Jeffrey A. // School Library Journal;Mar2006, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p208
The article reviews the book "Tsunamis," by John Hamilton.
- Steamboats on the Ganges (Book Review). Zinkin, Maurice // Asian Affairs;Feb89, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p121
Reviews the book 'Steamboats on the Ganges,' by Henry T. Bernstein.
- Government in Action! Hamiton, John; Scordato, Julie // Library Media Connection;Aug/Sep2005, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p95
Reviews the book "Government in Action," by John Hamilton.
- Armed Forces (Book). Engberg, Gillian // Booklist;8/1/2002, Vol. 98 Issue 22, p1953
Reviews the book 'Armed Forces,' by John Hamilton.
- The CIA/The Marine Corps. Glantz, Shelley // Library Media Connection;Oct2007, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p90
The article reviews two books "The CIA," and "The Marine Corps.," by John Hamilton.
- Steamboating on Chesapeake Bay. Line, L. // Country Living;Mar1990, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p51
Recounts the author's memories of a 1936 steamboat trip on Chesapeake Bay. Leisurely days and evenings; Comparison with modern vacations of fast food, interstate traffic jams and quick tempers.
- Flatboat honeymoon. Robinette, J.V. // Cobblestone;Mar1990, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p26
Recounts the honeymoon of an adventuresome couple who took a flatboat journey in 1808 on the Mississippi River that was 2,000 miles and six months long. Courting of Nicholas Roosevelt and Lydia Latrobe; Dangers of boating on the Mississippi; Launching the steamboat the `New Orleans' in 1811;...
- WHEN RIVERS WERE ROADS. Hill, Heidi // Cobblestone;Nov2006, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p5
This article discusses the advent and rise of the steamboat in the U.S. INSET: NOW THAT'S Progress!.