- WAR AMONG THE RUINS. Hughes, Holly Stuart // Photo District News;Nov2002, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p46
Presents information the photographs on the devastation caused by the war in Afghanistan featured in the book 'Afghanistan: Chronotopia,' by Simon Norfolk. Features of the photographs; Career background; Magazines that featured the photographs.
- PICTURE BOOK OF THE WEEK. // New Statesman;5/30/2011, Vol. 140 Issue 5055, p43
A review is presented of the book "Burke & Norfolk: Photographs From the War in Afghanistan," by Simon Norfolk.
- SAME PLACE, DIFFERENT WARS. HEIFERMAN, MARVIN // Art in America;Nov2011, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p31
A review of the book "Burke & Norfolk: Photographs From the War in Afghanistan," by John Burke and Simon Norfolk is presented.
- RETURN, AFGHANISTAN (Book). // Publishers Weekly;8/2/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 31, p66
Reviews the book "Return, Afghanistan."
- For most of it I have no words: genocide, landscape and memory. Chapman, Peter // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);08/12/2000, Vol. 321 Issue 7258, p457
Reviews an exhibition of photographs by Simon Norfolk, depicting sites of genocide and mass slaughter, on display at London, England's Imperial War Museum during August 2000.
- MAGAZINE/EDITORIAL. // Photo District News;May2010, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p80
Several photographs of the winning entries of the PDN Photo Annual competition 2010 organized by the periodical "Photo District News," in the magazine/editorial category are presented including one by Simon Norfolk from the publication "The New York Times Magazine," one by Jose Azel from...
- Afghanistan. // Aperture;Spring2014 Supplement, p30
The article reviews the book "Afghanistan," with photographs by Larry Towell.
- Design. // Creative Review;Oct2010, Vol. 30 Issue 10, Special section p65
The article offers information on several photographic images under commercial photography featured at the Photography Annual 2010 of "Creative Review" magazine for the design category. It includes the photographs "Acolyte/Creative Circle President" by Sean and Ben, "Satellite" by Simon Norfolk,...
- INSIDE GEOGRAPHIC. // National Geographic;Aug2007, Vol. 212 Issue 2, p154
The article discusses the efforts of photographer Simon Norfolk to take photographs of Mayan monuments for the article "Built to Awe," in this issue. Norfolk took his photographs at night to highlight the architectural details of the buildings, and to hide the signs of tourism. The generators...