Tipai Ethnographic Notes (Book)
- Northern hunter-gatherers. // Nations of the Southwest;2003, p21
This article provides information on the Yuman-speaking nations in the Southwest, including the Havasupai, Yavapai, and Walapi. They lived in the deserts and on the plateaus of northern Arizona. These nations were not as large as others in the Southwest, but they had big territories. They...
- Illegal Dumping Worsens On Salt River Reservation. // Native American Law Digest;Jul2005, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p13
This article reports that illegal dumping is becoming a major problem on the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Reservation. Dumping of any material in the community, whether hazardous or not, is illegal under Salt River law. When the community is able to catch dumpers, it seizes or impounds...
- Olive Oatman. MIFFLIN, MARGOT // Native Peoples Magazine;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p65
The article talks about the life of Olive Oatman who lived with two different Native American tribes after losing most of her family in an Indian massacre in 1851. The Indians who attacked Oatman's family were Yavapais. They spared only Olive and her eight-year-old sister, who they kept as...
- Forecasts: Nonfiction. Stuttaford, Genevieve // Publishers Weekly;1/8/96, Vol. 243 Issue 2, p50
Reviews several nonfiction novels. Includes `Osler's Web: Inside the Labyrinth of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Epidemic,' by Hillary Johnson; `Phantom Illness: Shattering the Myth of Hypochondria,' by Carla Cantor with Brian A. Fallon; `The Ends of the Earth: A Journey at the Dawn of the 21st...
- UNTERSUCHUNGEN ZUR GESCHICHTE DER FRUHEN INDUSTRIALISIERUNG VORNEHMLICH IM WIRTSCHAFTSRAUM BERLIN/BRANDENBUG (Book Review). Tilly, Richard // Central European History (Brill Academic Publishers);Sep75, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p282
Reviews the book 'Untersuchungen Zur Geschichte Der Fruhen Industrialisierung Vornehmlich Im Wirtschaftsraum Berlin/Branderburg,' edited by Otto Busch.
- NON-FICTION. Burnham, Clint; Barclay, Pat; Helwig, Maggie; Jiroens, Karl // Books in Canada;Summer92, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p58
Reviews non-fiction books. 'How to Play: The Theatre of James Reaney,' by Gerald Parker; 'Memories of a Governor-General's Daughter,' by Joan Michener Rohr with Terrence Heath; 'Stone Voices: Wartime Writings of Japanese Canadian Issei,' edited by Keibo Oiwa; 'Nitassinan: The Innu Struggle to...
- Iron Age Pottery in Northern Mesopotamia, Northern Syria and South-Eastern Anatolia (Book). Lehmann, Gunnar // Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research;Feb2002, Issue 325, p79
Reviews the book 'Iron Age Pottery in Northern Mesopotamia, Northern Syria and South-Eastern Anatolia: Papers Presented at the Meetings of the International 'Table Ronde' at Heidelberg (1995) and Nieborow (1997) and Other Contributions,' edited by Arnulf Hausleiter and Andrzej Reiche.
- Liberty and Justice for Some (Book). Park, J. Charles // Educational Leadership;Mar1983, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p73
Reviews the book 'Liberty and Justice for Some Defending a Free Society From the Radical Right's Holy War on Democracy,'
- Pride of the Inland Seas: An Illustrated History of the Port of Duluth-Superior. Lewis, Walter // Northern Mariner / Le Marin du Nord;Jul2009, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p344
The article reviews the book "Pride of the Inland Seas: An Illustrated History of the Port of Duluth-Superior