- Salvaging the Banking System. Dodd, Randall // Challenge (05775132);Mar/Apr87, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p61
Reviews the books "Bailout: An Insider's Account of Bank Failures & Rescues," by Irvine H. Sprague and "The Gathering Crisis in Federal Deposit Insurance," by Edward J. Kane.
- LOAN RANGERS. Reich, Robert B. // New Republic;12/8/86, Vol. 195 Issue 23, p42
Reviews two books. "Bailout: An Insider's Account of Bank Failures and Rescues," by Irvine H. Sprague; "In Whose Interest? International Banking and American Foreign Policy," by Benjamin J. Cohen.
- Financing Failure: A Century of Bailouts. MARTORELLI, MICHAEL A. // Financial History;Fall2012, Issue 104, p42
A review of the book "Financing Failure: A Century of Bailouts," by Vern McKinley is presented.
- A History of Bailouts Why Government Policy Fails. // Independent;Fall2011, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p5
The article reviews several books "Financing Failure: A Century of Bailouts," by Vern McKinley and "Beyond Politics: The Roots of Government Failure," by Randy Simmons.
- Who Is Responsible? Buckley Jr., Wm. F. // National Review;9/3/1990, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p54
Says that United States Republican Senator Jake Garn denies a newspaper report that he met informally with three Democrats during a House-Senate conference on banking legislation and decided to raise deposit insurance from $40,000 to $100,000. Debate regarding the increase during a public...
- BANKING'S Spotlight on Irvine H. Sprague. // Banking;Oct68, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p64
Profiles Irvine H. Sprague, board member of the U.S. Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) as of October 1968. Information on his employment; Basis of the opposition of U.S. Senator George Murphy (R.-Calif.) to the FDIC nomination of Srague; Defense of U.S. Senator Sparkman for the FDIC...
- Too Big to Fail: The Hazards of Bank Bailouts. // Region (10453369);Sep2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p54
Reviews the book "Too Big to Fail: The Hazards of Bank Bailouts," by Gary H. Stern and Ron J. Feldman.
- Megamergers stoke "too big to fail" debate. Streeter, Bill // ABA Banking Journal;Sep2004, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p7
Focuses on the book "Too Big to Fail--the Hazards of Bank Bailouts," by Gary Stern and Ron Feldman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Reason for publishing the book; Details of the case of Stern and Feldman who have been wrestling with the "TBTF" issue; Questions asked to Stern based...
- Volcker's Call for Regulatory Reform: Smart and Unlikely. Parsons, Richard J. // Americanbanker.com;4/23/2015, p1
Former Federal Reserve chair Paul Volcker is far from the first watchdog to suggest the U.S. regulatory system is badly in need of a common-sense makeover. Yet a confusing and ineffective structure remains the status quo.