American Indians and the Urban Experience/Native American Voices (Book)
- Indian Treaty-Making Policy in the United States and Canada, 1867-1877 / "I Remain Alive": The Sioux Literary Renaissance / Native American Voices: A Reader / Tribal Epistemologies: Essays in the Philosophy of Anthropology. van de Logt, Mark; Gallagher, Edward J.; Teuton, Christopher; Waters, Anne // American Indian Quarterly;Fall2001, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p656
Reviews several books on American Indians in the U.S. including "Indian Treaty-Making Policy in the United States and Canada, 1867-1877," by Jill St. Germain; "'I Remain Alive': The Sioux Literary Renaissance," by Ruth J. Heflin; "Native American Voices: A Reader," edited by Susan Lobo and Steve...
- American Indian and the Urban Experience. Rhone, Linda // Multicultural Review;Dec2001, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p91
Reviews the book "American Indian and the Urban Experience," by Susan Lobo and Kurt Peters.
- American Indians and the Urban Experience (Book). Jaeggli, Mary // Journal of American Ethnic History;Summer2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p171
Reviews the book 'American Indians and the Urban Experience,' edited by Susan Lobo and Kurt Peters.
- The Urban Indian Experience in America/American Indians and the Urban Experience (Book). LaGrand, James B. // American Studies (00263079);Spring2002, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p202
Reviews the books 'The Urban Indian Experience in America,' by Donald L. Fixico and 'American Indians and the Urban Experience,' edited by Susan Lobo and Kurt Peters.
- Other Books of Interest. // Native Peoples Magazine;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p104
A list of books on Indians of North America is presented, including "American Indians and the Urban Experience," edited by Susan Lobo and Kurt Peters, "Bowman's Store: A Journey to Myself," by Joseph Bruchac and "Coming Through Smoke and the Dreaming: Selected Poems," by Ron Welburn.
- DISCOURAGING WORDS THAT SHOULD BE HEARD. Petersen, Scot // PC Week;04/17/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p35
Discusses the Luddite criticisms on technology. Dangers of technology to society; Isolation of society by technology; Views of author Steve Talbot on the issue; Ultimate goals of technology.
- Reweaving the History of California Baskets. Naranjo, Reuben V.; Lobo, Susan // News from Native California;Winter2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p7
Investigates the history of Californian Indian baskets at the Museo de America in Madrid, Spain. Plans of Susan Lobo and weaver-researcher Reuben V. Naranjo to document the history of the earliest California baskets; Year of foundation and location of the Museo de America; Condition of the...
- Enigmatec Adds to Staff, Plans New Products. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;5/27/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p5
Reports the recruitment of Steve Ross-Talbot to the position of chief scientist of Enigmatec in the U.S. Career history of Ross-Talbot; Development of reactive rule-based products and tools; Creation of solution for the vertical markets.
- Urban Voices. KROLL, DEBRA UTACIA // Native Peoples Magazine;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p80
The article reviews the book "Urban Voices: The Bay Area American Indian Community," edited by Susan Lobo.