The First Year: Conversations With a New ICU Nurse
- New graduate's life comes full circle. // Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand;Oct2014, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p10
No abstract available.
- One less hurdle for CCRNs pursuing their BSNs in NY. Ventura, Marissa J. // RN;Jun96, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p11
Reports that the State University of New York at Brockport has waived its six-credit critical care requirement for those who have already passes the critical care registered nursing (CCRN) exam. Comments from associate professor Sheila Myer.
- ABSTRACTS: POSTER PRESENTATIONS: Intensive care nurse education research activities in Istanbul. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p72
An abstract of the article "Intensive care nurse education research activities in Istanbul," by Ã–zden Duruhan and colleagues is presented.
- PREPARING THE NEXT GENERATION OF NURSE LEADERS. Yates, Rowena R. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Dec2010, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p531
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with the training of nurses.
- Growing our own: a neonatal nurse fit for the future. Riley, Jill // Infant;Jan2013, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p22
Recruitment of skilled neonatal nurses is a nationwide challenge. This article describes how a shortfall of skilled practitioners was tackled by developing a programme to train newly- qualified and 'new-to-neonates' nurses to become skilled at intensive care within a constrained timescale. The...
- ABSTRACTS: POSTER PRESENTATIONS: Competence of graduating nurse students to practice in intensive and critical care nursing - what do the studies tell us? // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p80
An abstract to the article "Competence of graduating nurse students to practice in intensive and critical care nursing - what do the studies tell us?," by Riitta-Liisa Lakanmaa, Tarja Suominen and Helena Leino-Kilpi is presented.
- UofL School of Nursing Partners with University Hospital and Jewish Hospital & St. Mary's HealthCare to Develop Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program. // Kentucky Nurse;Jan-Mar2012, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on a 2012 decision which the University of Louisville School of nursing made to partner with the University of Louisville Hospital, Jewish Hospital and St. Mary's HealthCare to develop an an acute care nurse practitioner program. A lack of acute care nurse practitioners which...
- Strategies and obstacles to research development in anesthesiology programs: Consensus document in Colombia. Andrés Calvachea, Jose; Enrique Chaparro, Luis; Chaves, Alexandra; Beatriz Delgado, Martha; Fonseca, Nelson; Ramón Montes, Félix; Ricardo Moyano, Jairo; Rubio, Jorge // Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology / Revista Colombiana de Anes;nov/dic2012, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p256
Perioperative clinical practice in Latin America is influenced by research developed and published in developed countries. Fortunately, the increasingly favorable economic conditions for science in the developing countries, in addition to the heightened visibility of our scientific publications...
- Fijian RNs in Townsville. Lindsay, David // Australian Nursing Journal;Dec/Jan2004, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p45
Provides information on the assistance rendered by the academic nursing staff at the School of Nursing Science of James Cook University in Cairns, Queensland to the Fiji Ministry of Health and Fiji School of Nursing. Provision of a 12-month transition course for registered nurses by the...