Textbook of Rapid Response Systems
- EMS Week activities announced. // Fire Engineering;May2000, Vol. 153 Issue 5, p40
Reports on activities during the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Week from May 14-20, 2000 in the United States. Sponsorship of the event by the American College of Emergency Physicians and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration; Proposed restoration of the Squad 51 program;...
- Comfort Pack reduces anxiety, improves care. // Hospital Home Health;Aug2008, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p92
The article reports on the development of an emergency pack medication by the staff at Hospice of the Hills in Rapid City, South Dakota, designed to treat the most common symptoms for emergency care like nausea and vomiting, anxiety, agitation, pain, and excess secretions.
- NPSTC SEEKS VOLUNTEERS. // Urgent Communications;Jun2011, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the U.S. National Public Safety Telecommunications Council's (NPSTC) requirement for volunteers to be assigned for broadband projects including developing standards for non-voice emergency services (NOVES).
- When and how to use emergency medical services. // Orange County Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, pA-15
Presents advice from the American College of Emergency Physicians on the preparation and utilization of emergency medical services. Importance of discussing symptoms with the doctor; Correct time to request an ambulance; Factors which should be considered when transporting a sick person.
- Urgent care facilities. Truong, Tommy T. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/01/98 Supplement 98 Book of List, Issue 322310, p49
Lists the top urgent care facilities in the Central San Joaquin Valley in California as ranked by the average number of patients seen per day in 1996. Includes Fresno Community Medical Center; Kaiser Permanente Adult Urgent Care; San Joaquin Health Center.
- Urgent care facilities. Truong, Tommy T. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;07/27/98, Issue 322334, p20
Lists the largest urgent care facilities in San Joaquin River Valley, California ranked by the average number of patients seen per day in 1997. Number of staff physicians; Area of facility; Hours open to public; Location of headquarters; Year founded locally.
- The ultimate `doc-in-a-box'? E.B. // Medical Update;Oct97, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the increasing popularity of virtual medical clinics for emergency medical services. Benefits of the virtual clinics; Medical information and services offered by the clinics; Companies offering online medical services.
- Emergency department visits. // Public Health Reports;May/Jun94, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p451
Looks at results of the first national survey of hospital emergency departments which found that most visits to hospital emergency departments are not for emergencies. The government as the most frequent source of payment for emergency care.
- Threats and opportunities in accident and emergency. Smith, Jane // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/2/95, Vol. 311 Issue 7018, p1456
Reports that the idea that every district general hospital in Great Britain needs an accident and emergency department is being challenged. Staffing crisis in British hospitals; Availability of consultant support; Experiment in the John Radcliffe Hospital; Emergency care provided by general...