Angela McCarthy, Scottishness and Irishness in New Zealand since 1840, Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2011. Pp. xvi ++ 235; illus. Hardback ISBN 9780719077616, Â£60.00
- Scottishness and Irishness in New Zealand Since 1840. Hinson, Andrew // History Scotland Magazine;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p56
The article reviews the book "Scottishness and Irishness in New Zealand Since 1840," by Angela McCarthy.
- Scottishness and Irishness in New Zealand since 1840 By Angela McCarthy. Pp. xvi, 235. ISBN: 97800719077616. Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2011. Â£60.00. Beals, M. H. // Scottish Historical Review;Oct2012, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p382
A review of the book "Scottishness & Irishness in New Zealand Since 1840," by Angela McCarthy is presented.
- AFRICA, OCEANIA. // Reference & Research Book News;Aug2011, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p33
The article reviews several books related to Africa and Oceania including "Diaspora for Development in Africa," edited by Sonia Plaza and Dilip Ratha, "Ethiopia," by Paulos Milkias, and "Scottishness and Irishness in New Zealand Since 1840," by Angela McCarthy.
- New Zealand: The welfare state ploughed under. Delahunty, Jim // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Nov93, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p28
No abstract available.
- People. // New Zealand Country Review;2009, p74
The article offers an overview of the people in New Zealand stating the demonstration of a shift over colonial period by human development and social indicators in the situation of the country's Maori people.
- People. // New Zealand Country Review;2010, p74
The article provides information on the social condition in New Zealand including its indigenous population's heritage, demographic profile, and health and welfare.
- Impacts of the 1945 and 1995-1996 Ruapehu eruptions, New Zealand: An example of increasing.... Johnston, D.M.; Houghton, B.F. // Geological Society of America Bulletin;May2000, Vol. 112 Issue 5, p720
Examines the impact of the 1945 and the 1995 to 1996 eruptions of Ruapehu volcano on the society of New Zealand. Prevalence of throat irritations caused by ash falls; Occurrence of crop damages during the eruptions; Reduction of visibility in road transportation; Contamination of domestic water...
- Making Sheep Country: Mt. Peel and the Transformation of the Tussock Lands. Roche, Michael // Agricultural History;Spring2012, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p109
A review of the book "Making Sheep Country: Mt. Peel Station and the Transformation of the Tussock Lands," by Robert Peden is presented.
- Past Judgement. Social Policy in New Zealand History. Oppenheimer, Melanie // New Zealand Journal of History;Oct2007, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p203
The article reviews the book "Past Judgement: Social Policy in New Zealand History," edited by Bronwyn Dalley and Margaret Tennant.