- FIBREGLASS BOATS. // Ausmarine;May2008, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p42
The article reviews the book "Fibreglass Boats: Construction, Gel Coat, Stressing, Blistering, Repair, Maintenance," by Hugo du Plessis.
- Modifying Fiberglass Boats (Book). Tazelaar, James // LJ: Library Journal;6/1/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 12, p1231
Reviews the book 'Modifying Fiberglass Boats,' by Jack Wiley.
- Fiberglass: Just for the hull of it. Kelly, Thomas C.; Mraz, Stephen J. // Machine Design;7/27/95, Vol. 67 Issue 13, p54
Discusses the use of fiberglass in the construction of corrosion-resistant hulls for pleasure boats. Advantages of fiberglass boats over traditional steel and wood construction; Process of building seamless, one-piece fiberglass boat hulls; Elements of typical hull laminates; Elimination of...
- Grip of death adhesives. // Design Engineering;Mar2000, p31
Focuses on the use of advanced adhesives in the boat building industry. Development of MA422 methacrylate adhesive from ITW Plexus; Application of the adhesive; Advantage of using fiberglass. INSETS: Smoking the cigarette;Not so fast.
- Hot Pursuit. Lear, Dave // Salt Water Sportsman;Apr2005, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p120
Evaluates the 2570 Center Console fiberglass boat from Pursuit Boats.
- Make Your Old Boat Shine! Brownlee, John // Salt Water Sportsman;May2000, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p30
Recommends ways on how to paint a fiberglass boat during a restoration process.
- Cutting-Edge Boatbuilding. Anderson, Karl // Salt Water Sportsman;Feb2004, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on the materials and methods being used to build fiberglass boats, including composite construction and resin-transfer molding. INSET: The Roplene Option.
- Two-in-one. // Boating;May94, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p58
Features Shuttle Craft International Inc.'s Shuttle Craft fiberglass boat. Installation of mounting mechanism; Price; Contact information.
- Steber 28 Commercial. Beecham, Bill // Professional Fisherman;Jul2003, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p20
Evaluates the Steber 28 Commercial multipurpose fiberglass boat. Type of vessel; Overall length; Engine; Electrical and mechanical installation; Safety and live saving gear; Performance.