No unifying theories but lots of chat
- The Ethics of Consent: Theory and Practice. Haack, Susan M. // Ethics & Medicine: An International Journal of Bioethics;Fall2012, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p122
The article reviews the book "The Ethics of Consent: Theory and Practice," edited by Franklin G. Miller and Alan Wertheimer.
- Concerning Consent: Standards of Permissibility in Sexual Relations. Munro, Vanessa E. // Oxford Journal of Legal Studies;Summer2005, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p335
Presents an analysis of the book "Consent to Sexual Relations," by Alan Wertheimer, which provides an attempt to build a theoretical framework within which to address the question of "when yes means yes" in the context of sex. Defense of "consensual minimalism" over a more conceptualized "weak...
- History of informed consent might predict trend of greater protection. // Clinical Trials Administrator;Nov2007, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p128
This article discusses the observation that the history of informed consent might predict the trend of greater protection of patients. According to Alan Wertheimer, senior research scholar at the U.S. National Institutes of Health, the concept of informed consent is a core ethical idea that is...
- The Placebo: A Reader. BAUER, HENRY H. // Journal of Scientific Exploration;2015, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p376
No abstract available.
- Exploitation. Alan Wertheimer. Arneson, Richard J. // Mind;Jul2001, Vol. 110 Issue 439, p888
Reviews the book 'Exploitation,' by Alan Wertheimer.
- Coercion (Book Review). Geise, Jack P. // Journal of Politics;May89, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p482
Reviews the book 'Coercion,' by Alan Wertheimer.
- The Oxford Textbook of Clinical Research Ethics. Chadwick, Gary L. // New England Journal of Medicine;8/28/2008, Vol. 359 Issue 9, p982
The article reviews the book "The Oxford Textbook of Clinical Research Ethics" edited by Ezekiel J. Emanuel, Christine Grady, Robert A. Crouch, Reidar K. Lie, Franklin G Miller and David Wiendler.
- Death, Dying, and Organ Transplantation: Reconstructing Medical Ethics at the End of Life. Choong, Kartina A. // Medical Law Review;Summer2013, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p512
The article reviews the book "Death, Dying, and Organ Transplantation: Reconstructing Medical Ethics at the End of Life" by Franklin G. Miller and Robert D. Truog.
- DEATH, DYING, AND ORGAN TRANSPLANTATION: RECONSTRUCTING MEDICAL ETHICS AT THE END OF LIFE. Bamosky, Andrew R. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;4/25/2012, Vol. 307 Issue 16, p1754
The article reviews the book "Death, Dying, and Organ Transplantation: Reconstructing and Medical Ethics at the End of Life," by Franklin G. Miller and Robert D. Druog.