- SETTLER'S DRIFT. // Ausmarine;Sep2011, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p36
The article reviews the book "Settler's Drift: A Story of Queensland's Fishing Tragics, The Tall Tales, Character & Legends (1910-2010), Reflections of our Time, The Fishing Facts in our History," by John D. Olsen.
- Hooked on fishing. McManus, P.F. // Outdoor Life;Nov88, Vol. 182 Issue 5, p158
Sportfishing has been a fashionable pastime for several hundred years, during which time the removal of hooks from people has developed its own history. The author contributes two of his own painful experiences to this saga.
- Cast off the pain. Gibbs, Jerry // Outdoor Life;Oct95, Vol. 196 Issue 4, p32
Discusses various possible fishing injuries and techniques on how to prevent them. Increasing cases of carpal tunnel syndrome; Angler's elbow; Importance of stretching in preventing fishing injuries; Treatment tips; Need for rest; Use of elbow brace. INSET: Balancing act..
- Tales from the trips. Reiger, George; Barrett, Peter; Leeson, Ted; Dalrymple, Byron W.; Doggett, Joe; Merritt, Jim; Robinson, Jerome B. // Field & Stream;Mar1993, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p48
Describes various mishaps that occurred during fishing trips. Danger of fishing and luck; Falling over the side of a boat while trying to gather up a bucket of water; Explosion of a boat; Getting swept away wearing waders; Cottonmouth under the seat of a boat; More.
- The blues were running. Baldwin, T.B.T. // Field & Stream;Jul95, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p32
Recounts the author's accident while fishing for bluefish.
- SORCE, Ltd. Reid, C. K. // EContent;Dec2008, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p54
The article features Great Britain-based software company SORCE Ltd. The company builds prepackaged intranet and extranet software solutions for mid-size companies ranging from 50 employees to 50,000. According to founder John Nicklin, the deciding factor for whether a company needs an intranet...
- Tragedy offshore. // Salt Water Sportsman;Sep94, Vol. 55 Issue 9, Atlantic edition pG
Reports on the drowning of sport fisherman Chris Bowie during the Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament in North Carolina.
- Angler goes overboard. Brownlee, John // Salt Water Sportsman;Aug97, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p34
Reports on the fishing accident of sport fisher John Whalen who was thrown overboard while fighting a hooked tuna in North Carolina. Estimated time underwater; Release of the tuna.
- Emergency Knife. Wakefield,, Paul; Boyan, Scott // Salt Water Sportsman;Aug99, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p40
Recommends the use of the ring knife to prevent fishing tragedies. How to use the ring knife.