When Nurses Hurt Nurses: Recognizing and Overcoming the Cycle of Bullying
- Educating senior nursing students to stop lateral violence in nursing. Iheduru-Anderson, Kechi // Australian Nursing & Midwifery Journal;Jul2014, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p15
The article discusses efforts to educate senior nursing students on preventing lateral violence (LV) in nursing, also called workplace bullying and horizontal violence, as of July 2014. An overview of an education program on LV is provided, with topics including the use of cognitive rehearsal in...
- Bullying at work on increase, RCN survey finds. Lipley, Nick // Nursing Management - UK;Mar2006, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p5
The article presents the survey results on bullying at work, published by the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) in February 2006. The RCN survey looked at exposure to stressors at work, and found that nurses experienced more stress than the general working population, as measured by Health and...
- We Heard You!: Lateral Violence is (Unfortunately) Going on Right Here in South Carolina. Dulaney, Peggy; Jacobs, Dianne // South Carolina Nurse;Apr-Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p1
The article focuses on readers' comments regarding articles on the topic of lateral violence in nursing in the Winter issue. New nursing graduates as well as highly experienced nurses report experiences with bullying and other forms of lateral violence. The article notes the sense of...
- What Must We Do About Lateral Violence? Lewis, Tamela // New Mexico Nurse;Oct-Dec2008, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p4
The article focuses on the significance of addressing the shortage of nurses caused by lateral violence within the industry in New Mexico. The author explains that this type of violence occurs when showing disrespect to coworkers, subordinates, and bosses through bullying. She claims that...
- Bullying in the workplace. Beesley, John // British Journal of Perioperative Nursing;Feb2005, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p75
I am a staff nurse working as a scrub practitioner within a busy orthopaedic theatre. This speciality is new to me and I have found it very difficult to become competent in the area. This is not helped by a poor learning environment where the consultant surgeons do not tolerate learners and the...
- Bullying needs to stop. Wendy // Australian Nursing & Midwifery Journal;May2014, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p47
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article in the March 204 issue that was concerned with bullying in the nursing profession.
- The development and validation of a bullying inventory for the nursing workplace. Hutchinson, Marie; Wilkes, Lesley; Vickers, Margaret; Jackson, Debra // Nurse Researcher;2008, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p19
Marie Hutchinson, Lesley Wilkes, Margaret Vickers and Debra Jackson describe an Australian study of bullying that provides a putative model for further testing in nursing and other contexts
- Workplace bullying too much to handle. // Australian Nursing Journal;Aug2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p3
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the July 2011 cover story "Workplace aggression and violence: nurses and midwives say NO."
- The Center for American Nurses Calls for an End to Lateral Violence and Bullying in Nursing Work Environments. // South Carolina Nurse;Apr-Jun2008, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p16
The article concerns the stand of the Center for American Nurses that urges medical centers and organizations to put an end to lateral violence and bullying in nursing work environments in the U.S. To address these issues, the Center for American Nurses has adopted a position statement which...