Gresford: The Anatomy of a Disaster
- Bienfait Blood (Book). Palmer, Bryan // Canadian Dimension;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p44
Reviews the book 'Bienfait: The Saskatchewan Miners' Struggle of '31,' by Stephen L. Endicott.
- GOODBYE WIFES AND DAUGHTERS. Emery, Homer C. // Journal of the West;Spring2011, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p87
A review of the book "Goodbye Wifes and Daughters," by Susan Kushner Resnick is presented.
- The Hurricane Creek Massacre (Book). Bethell, Thomas N. // New Republic;7/15/72, Vol. 167 Issue 3, p26
Reviews the book "The Hurricane Creek Massacre," by Thomas N. Bethell.
- Injuries and illnesses among bituminous and lignite coal miners. Reardon, Jack // Monthly Labor Review;Oct93, Vol. 116 Issue 10, p49
Describes coal industry mining processes and the factors associated with injury and illness in the bituminous and lignite coal industry. The history and work processes in coal mining; Injury and illness experience; Injuries by event or exposure; Leading causes of injuries by occupation in...
- COAL COUNTRY. Harvey, Mary // Junior Scholastic;3/6/2006, Vol. 108 Issue 14, p6
The article presents information about accidents in coal mines in the U.S. INSETS: "A Way of Life";THINK ABOUT IT.
- Derelict mine exploration ends in tragedy. // Coal International;Jul97, Vol. 244 Issue 4, p154
Reports on the death of a teenager who explored an abandoned coal mine in the Katowice region of Upper Silesia. Atmosphere in the adit; Depth reached the victim and a group of younger boys.
- Russian accident figures improve. // Coal International;Nov97, Vol. 245 Issue 6, p222
Reports on the decline in the number of fatalities in the Russian coal industry in 1996.
- Improvements in safe working within the UK opencast coal industry. Crabbe, J. // Coal International;Nov97, Vol. 245 Issue 6, p242
Deals with improvements in safe working within the British opencast coal industry. List of hazards which can lead to accidents; Visibility of dump trucks, wheel loaders, small utility vehicles and pedestrians; Accidents involving seat belts, brakes and on access roads.
- RUSSIAN EXPLOSION. // Coal International;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p21
Reports the victims of the explosion of the Russian coal mine.