Days of Hope (Book)
- Days of Hope: Race and Democracy in the New Deal Era. Chappell, David L. // African American Review;Spring99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p149
Reviews the book "Days of Hope: Race and Democracy in the New Deal Era," by Patricia Sullivan.
- Our New Deal Nation. Nuechterlein, James // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct2004, Issue 146, p40
Reviews the book "For the Survival of Democracy: Franklin Roosevelt and the World Crisis of the 1930s," by Alonzo L. Hamby.
- Race and the Stunted Growth and Rapid Decline of American Liberalism. Massey, Douglas S. // Logos: A Journal of Modern Society & Culture;2011, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p9
The author traces the continuing issue of race in U.S. history and its effect on the democratic rule. He describes the efforts to maintain the New Deal, the plans to expand civil rights under President Lyndon Johnson and the eventual collapse of the New Deal coalition under the Reagan...
- Democracy of Chautauquacy? // New Republic;8/30/39, Vol. 100 Issue 1291, p90
Presents information on the Congress on Education for Democracy held by Teachers' College, New York City. Information on conversations in sixteen seminars into which the congress was divided; Objection of several businessmen to the principle of collective bargaining, to free speech in the...
- The Constitution and the New Deal (Book). Ely, JR., James W. // Independent Review;Spring2002, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p615
Reviews the book 'The Constitution and the New Deal,' by G. Edward White.
- The New Deal in Court (Book). Gorfinkel, John A. // California Law Review;Sep35, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p652
Reviews the non-fiction book 'The New Deal in Court,' by Morris Duane.
- Texas, Cotton, and the New Deal. Foshee, Page S. // East Texas Historical Journal;2006, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p84
The article reviews the book "Texas, Cotton, and the New Deal," by Keith J. Volanto.
- The New Deal Lawyers (Book Review). Scheinberg, Stephen J. // Canadian Journal of History;Aug83, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p311
Reviews the book 'The New Deal Lawyers,' by Peter H. Irons.
- Fear Itself: The New Deal and the Origins of Our Time. Rosenthal, Marguerite // Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare;Sep2013, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p187
The article reviews the book "Fear Itself: The New Deal and the Origins of Our Time" by Ira Katznelson.