A. Philip Randolph (Book)
- A. Philip Randolph: Pioneer of the Civil Rights Movement (Book). Davis, Thomas J. // Library Journal;5/15/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 9, p83
Reviews the book "A. Philip Randolph: Pioneer of the Civil Rights Movement," by Paula F. Pfeffer.
- A. Philip Randolph: A Biographical Portrait (Book Review). Gross, James // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Oct74, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p168
Reviews the book "A. Philip Randolph: A Biographical Portrait," by Jervis Anderson.
- A. Philip Randolph (Book Review). Levy, Eugene // American Historical Review;Apr75, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p522
Reviews the book 'A. Philip Randolph: A Biographical Portrait,' by Jervis Anderson.
- William Wilberforce: A Biography. Flower, Amanda M. // Christian Librarian;2008, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p155
The article reviews the book "William Wilberforce: A Biography," by Stephen Tomkins.
- The Crusades of Cesar Chavez: A Biography. Hudgens, Ric // Fellowship;Winter2014, Vol. 78 Issue 10-12, p35
No abstract available.
- Thomas Muir: A Scottish Martyr. Edwards, Robert W. // History Scotland Magazine;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p36
A biography of Thomas Muir, a Scottish Martyr, is presented. It mentions that Muir was born in Glasgow, Scotland in 1765 and eventually became an advocate who in the early 1790s found himself leading a battle for electoral reform in Scotland and consequently part of a wider struggle across Great...
- Reframing Randolph: Labor, Black Freedom, and the Legacies of A. Philip Randolph. McArdle, Molly // Library Journal;11/1/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 18, p98
No abstract available.
- Juanes. Post, Colin // Juanes;2009, p1
A biography of Colombian musician and activist Juanes is presented. Seen as one of the most successful Latin musicians of his time, Juanes has won 17 Latin Grammy awards and sold over 10 million records. His work as an activist has focused on the elimination of anti-personnel land mines. In...
- Bahia Hariri. Lightner, Barb // Bahia Hariri;2009, p1
A biography of Lebanese politician and human rights and peace activist Bahia Hariri is presented. Born June 23, 1953 in Saida, Lebanon, Hariri earned her degree in education and taught in the Saida National Schools during the 1970s. In the 1980s she worked for the Islamic institute for Culture...