Aliens and Dissenters (Book)
- Reviews. Gordon, Colin // Journal of American Ethnic History;Spring96, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p79
Reviews the book `Aliens and Dissenters: Federal Suppression of Radicals, 1903-1933,' by William Preston Jr.
- The Dangers of Dissent: The FBI and Civil Liberties since 1965. Bodenhamer, David J. // Journal of American History;Mar2012, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p1212
A review of the book "The Dangers of Dissent: The FBI and Civil Liberties since 1965," by Ivan Greenberg is presented.
- The Attack on Civil Liberties. // New Republic;10/25/39, Vol. 100 Issue 1299, p327
Focuses on the condition of civil rights prevailing in the U.S. Imprisonment of dissenters and especially liberals and radicals; Report on raids made on the headquarters of organizations, most of them entirely innocent and all of them theoretically protected by law; Information on the...
- The Moral Urge Toward War. // New Republic;2/12/40, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p198
Focuses on the role of the U.S. during the World War II. Description of American public opinion towards German ruler Adolf Hitler; Role of the United Nations during the World War II and the doctrine of collective security; Measures which the U.S. should undertake sanctions to prevent aggression...
- HOPE AND FOLLY: THE UNITED STATES AND UNESCO, 1945--1985. Pierre, Andrew J. // Foreign Affairs;Winter89/90, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p206
This article reviews the book "Hope and Folly: The United States and UNESCO 1945-1985," by William Preston, Jr., Edward S. Herman and Herbert I. Schiller.
- BOOKS AND THE ARTS: Justice and the Franchise. Bickel, Alexander M. // New Republic;10/13/64, Vol. 151 Issue 18, p17
Reviews the book "Federalism and Civil Rights," by Burke Marshall.
- The Lost Promise of Civil Rights by Risa L. Goluboff. Anderson, Kevin // Human Rights Review;Mar2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p129
The article reviews the book "The Lost Promise of Civil Rights," by Risa L. Goluboff.
- Of Kennedys and Kings: Making Sense of the Sixties. Wills, Garry // New Republic;7/19/80, Vol. 183 Issue 3, p29
The article reviews the book "Of Kennedys and Kings: Making Sense of the Sixties," by Harris Wofford.
- Soul Survivors. White, Evelyn C. // Canadian Literature;Spring2006, Issue 188, p183
Reviews the book "What We All Long For," by Dionne Brand.