From Chattel Slaves to Wage Slaves (Book)
- COLLECTIVE BARGAINING IN THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS: ISSUES, TACTICS, AND NEW STRATEGIES. Lunenburg, Fred C. // Journal of Collective Negotiations in the Public Sector;2000, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p259
Focuses on collective bargaining for negotiating and administering agreement between union and the employing organization in the United States. Variation in agreement provisions in different school district; Tactics to improve bargaining proposals; Issues addressed in the bargaining process and...
- 1996 contract negotiations will affect 1.7 million workers. Leonard, Bill // HR Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p4
Reports that union contract expirations and renegotiations for 1996 in the American private industry will affect more than 1.7 million employees working under major collective bargaining agreements. Number of employees covered by major collective bargaining agreements; Industries with high...
- The Wage Calendar for 1967. Ward, Cordelia; Davis, William // Monthly Labor Review;Dec66, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p1339
Summarizes the outlook for 1967 in terms of contracts subject to collective bargaining and scheduled wages increases in the United States. Bargaining activities in various sectors; Cost-of-living escalator adjustments; Major agreement expirations; Number of workers receiving deferred increases.
- Negotiating a Labor Contract: A Management Handbook (Book). // Florida Bar Journal;Feb2004, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p52
Reviews the book "Negotiating a Labor Contract: A Management Handbook," by Charles S. Loughran.
- Labor in the United States (Book). // Labor Law Journal;Nov60, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p1047
The article presents information about the book, Labor in the United States, written by Sanford Cohen. The book is related to labor issues in the U.S. It is not so much a history, yet history is, of course, involved. The book places the reader on the road to knowledge for an intelligent...
- Circular Regarding the Regulations on Collective Contracts (December 5, 1994). // Chinese Law & Government;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p84
Details a circular concerning the regulations on collective contracts in China released on December 5, 1994. Factors to consider in the formation of the contracts; Need for an examination of collective contracts; Rules regarding the collective contract dispute resolution.
- Accounting images and the resolution of labor contract costing conflict. Amernic, Joel; Craig, Russell // Journal of Collective Negotiations in the Public Sector;1995, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p151
Proposes the matching of `accounting images' with `conflict resolution' as a means of understanding the effect of labor contract costing information on collective bargaining disputes. Nonviolent ways of resolving conflict; Matching images and approaches to conflict resolution; Public sector case...
- Specified compensation and wage adjustments from contract settlements, and effective wage adjustments, private industry collective bargaining situations covering 1,000 workers or more (in percent). // Monthly Labor Review;Nov91, Vol. 114 Issue 11, p134
Presents data on specified compensation and wage adjustments from contract settlements and effective wage adjustments in private industry collective bargaining situations covering 1,000 or more workers in the U.S. from 1989 to 1991. First year of contract; Annual rate over life of contract;...
- McDermott union contract ratified. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p1
Reports that workers at McDermott International Inc.'s fabrication yard in Louisiana ratified their new labor agreement on November 17, 2000, which includes annual pay raises, new grievance procedures and seniority-based promotions. Stipulations of the contract; Inclusion of a clause by which...