The Object of Labor (Book)
- Resisting and Reshaping Economic Change. Weinberg, Adam S. // Qualitative Sociology;Mar1997, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p117
Reviews several books. "The End of the Line: Lost Jobs, New Lives in Postindustrial America," by Kathryn Marie Dudley; "The Object of Labor: Commodification in Social Hungary," by Martha Lampland.
- The Object of Labor: Commodification in Socialist Hungary. Pastor, Peter // American Historical Review;Oct98, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p1280
A review of the book "The Object of Labor: Commodification in Socialist Hungary," by Martha Lampland is presented.
- Standards and Their Stories: How Quantifying, Classifying, and Formalizing Practices Shape Everyday Life. Kwaśnik, Barbara H. // Knowledge Organization;2010, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p79
The article reviews the book "Standards and Their Stories: How Quantifying, Classifying, and Formalizing Practices Shape Everyday Life," edited by Martha Lampland and Susan Leigh Star.
- Altering States: Ethnographies of Transition in Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union (Book). Moy, Patricia // International Journal of Public Opinion Research;Winter2000, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p445
This article presents information on the book "Altering States: Ethnographies of Transition in Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union," edited by Daphne Berdahl, Matti Bunzl, and Martha Lampland. This volume is designed to complement the growing corpus of literature that has focused...
- Labor in Massachusetts: Selected Essays. Tager, Jack // Journal of American History;Dec91, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p1061
Reviews the book 'Labor in Massachusetts: Selected Essays,' edited by Kenneth Fones-Wolf, Martin Kaufman and Joseph Carvalho III.
- Biographical Dictionary of American Labor (Book). Sillito, John R. // Library Journal;10/1/1984, Vol. 109 Issue 16, p1840
Reviews the book 'Biographical Dictionary of American Labor.'
- Labor in Retreat (Book). Xiaolan Bao // Journal of American History;Mar2003, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p1554
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Labor in Retreat: Class and Community Among Men's Clothing Workers of Chicago, 1871-1929,' by Youngsoo Bae.
- Labor in the Public and Nonprofit Sectors (Book Review). Nash, Ken // LJ: Library Journal;9/15/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 16, p1626
Reviews the book 'Labor in the Public and Nonprofit Sectors,' edited by Daniel S. Hamermesh.
- Labor (Book Review). Filippelli, Ronald L. // LJ: Library Journal;9/15/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 16, p1626
Reviews the book 'Labor: America's Two-Faced Movement,' by Herrick S. Roth.