Organised Capital (Book)
- When Workers Fight (Book Review). Nash, Ken // Library Journal;2/1/1978, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p363
Reviews the book 'When Workers Fight: the politics of industrial relations in the Progressive Era, 1898-1916,' by Bruno Ramirez.
- Lethal Work: A History of the Asbestos Tragedy in Scotland. WIKELEY, NICK // Social History of Medicine;Apr2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p177
The article reviews the book "Lethal Work: A History of the Asbestos Tragedy in Scotland," by Ronald Johnston and Arthur McIvor.
- A History of Work in Britain (book). Benson, John // Scottish Economic & Social History;2001, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p85
Reviews the book 'A History of Work in Britain 1880â€“1950,' by Arthur J. McIvor.
- A History of Work in Britain, 1880-1950 (Book). Howarth, Janet // English Historical Review;Sep2002, Vol. 117 Issue 473, p1002
Reviews the book 'A History of Work in Britain, 1880-1950,' by Arthur J. McIvor.
- The problem of dependency: African Americans, labor relations, and the law in the nineteenth... Edwards, Laura F. // Agricultural History;Spring98, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p313
Focuses on African Americans labor relations, and the labor laws in South and North Carolina, in the nineteenth-century. Association of the term `laborer' with waged workers; What were the conditions of Caucasian men who worked for wages in the northern states; Reference to laws governing labor...
- KENTUCKY: FROM ORGANIZING THE STREET SWEEPERS TO BARGAINING IN THE SUNSHINE. Wanamaker, Daniel K. // Southern Review of Public Administration;Sep77, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p175
Traces the history of public labor relations in Kentucky. Negotiated contracts with teacher organizations; Law of professional negotiations.
- WALTZING MATILDA AND THE SUNSHINE HARVESTER FACTORY. // Australian Nursing Journal;Aug2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p34
The article reviews the book "Waltzing Matilda & the Sunshine Harvester Factory," edited by R. S. Hamilton.
- Reinventing Free Labor: Immigrant Padrones and Contract Laborers in North America, 1885-1925. Peck, Gunther // Journal of American History;Dec96, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p848
Focuses on the system of coercive labor relations that existed in the North American West between 1885 and 1925. Information on the padrone, a person who controlled labor; References to padrones Antonio Cordasco, Roman Gonzalez and Leon Skliris; Examination of laws and legal doctrines...
- The Employee: A Political History. Mummé, Claire // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Winter2015, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p186
No abstract available.