The Sky Never Changes (Book)
- The Sky Never Changes: Testimonies from the Guatemalan Labor Movement. Frundt, Henry J. // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Apr98, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p544
The article reviews the book "The Sky Never Changes: Testimonies From the Guatemalan Labor Movement," by Thomas F. Reed and Karen Brandow.
- Book reviews. Goizueta, Roberto S. // America;6/21/1997, Vol. 176 Issue 21, p27
Reviews the book `The Sky Never Changes: Testimonies from the Guatemalan Labor Movement,' edited by Thomas F. Reed and Karen Brandow.
- Shop Talk. Fiefer, William Paul // Progressive;May86, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p46
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Revitalize the Labor Movement: Union Militancy Democracy and Workers' Control.'
- The Labor Movement in Wisconsin (Book Review). Zieger, Robert H. // American Historical Review;Dec85, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p1288
Reviews the book 'The Labor Movement in Wisconsin: A History,' by Robert W. Ozanne.
- The splintering of the Hungarian labor movement. Davis, Joe C. // East European Quarterly;Sep95, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p371
Examines the transformation of the labor movement in Hungary. Features of the break up of the Trade Union Council (SZOT); Description of the labor relations before the fall of socialism; Labor relations after the fall of socialism; Features of a conceptual framework of union federation.
- A Change of Image Is Not Enough. Crouch, Mark // Labor Studies Journal;Winter98, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p31
Comments on the article entitled `Contesting the Dinosaur Image: The Labor Movement's Search for a Future' on the growth and decline of the American labor movement. Need for an analysis of structural problems that led to the decline of the movement; Cases that illustrate the failure of the...
- Ontario labour on the move. Bickerton, Geoff // Canadian Dimension;Feb/Mar96, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p38
Opinion. Asserts that the convention of the Ontario Federation of Labour (OFL) and the Day of Protest held in London, Ontario on December 11, 1995 revealed many of the strengths and weaknesses of the province's labor movement. The success of the general strike in London; Other groups besides...
- Does the U.S. labor movement have a future? Yates, Michael D. // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Feb97, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p1
Examines both the formidable obstacles and the windows of opportunity facing those who want to rebuild the labor movement in the United States. Historical background on the country's labor movement; Political climate in the 1990s; Absence of morality due to market's infiltration of everyday...
- Labor, the state, and class struggle. Wood, Ellen Meiksins // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p1
Discusses the conditions and prospects of the labor movement. Questions facing the labor movement; Labor, class and state in global capitalism; Nation-state as the main agent of globalization; Street demonstrations as a result of the actions of the state.