The Union Makes Us Strong (Book)
- The Union Makes Us Strong: Radical Unionism on the San Francisco Waterfront (Book). Dandaneau, Steven P. // Social Forces;Jun97, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p1477
Reviews the book "The Union Makes Us Strong: Radical Unionism on the San Francisco Waterfront," by David Wellman.
- The Union Makes us Strong. Hinton, James // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Spring76, Issue 32, p83
Reviews the book "The Union Makes Us Strong," by Tony Lane.
- Labor Will Rule: Sidney Hillman and the Rise of American Labor (Book). Vrana, Eugene Dennis // Labor Studies Journal;Fall96, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p81
Reviews the book, `The Union Make Us Strong: Radical Unionism on the San Francisco Waterfront' by David Wellman.
- The Union Makes Us Strong: Radical Unionism on the San Francisco Waterfront. Nelson, Daniel // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Jul96, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p752
This article reviews the book "The Union Makes Us Strong: Radical Unionism on the San Francisco Waterfront," by David Wellman.
- Community and Unions. Buttigieg, Donna M.; Cockfield, Sandra; Jerrard, Marjorie; Rainnie, Al // Labor Studies Journal;Dec2009, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p437
The article discusses various reports published within this special issue on community union coalitions and community unionism, including one by Upchurch, Taylor, and Mathers on trade union strategies in Great Britain, Germany, and France; one by Tattersall on the creation of coalition unions in...
- Pale, male and stale no more. Coddington, Anne // New Statesman;09/11/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4402, pXII
Features young labor union organizers of the Trade Unions Congress in Great Britain. Information on this team of organizers; Views on these young organizers; Challenge facing this generation of trade unionists; Core philosophy of this unionism. INSET: Ones to watch: Four young trade unionists...
- BUILDING TRADES TARGET SEATTLE. Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/22/99-03/29/99, Vol. 242 Issue 12, p39
Reports on the unionization drive of the Building and Construction Trades Department in Seattle, Washington as part of its project in the cross-craft effort. Reasons for the emergence of the Seattle metropolitan area as a likely candidate for the drive; Outline of the program workbook; Director...
- Disorganized labor: United we stand, divided we fall. Green, Timothy P. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;11/11/2010, Vol. 74 Issue 15, p2
In this article the author discusses the ways to facilitate unionization and the ways to create good jobs at good wages in Missouri.
- Fanning the Flames (After Lighting the Spark): Multi-Trade COMET Programs. Grabelsky, Jeff; Pagnucco, Adam; Rockafellow, Steve // Labor Studies Journal;Winter99, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p34
Presents information on the Construction Organizing Membership Education Training (COMET), an educational program utilized by building trades unions to generate rank-and-file support for organizing new members. Why the Building and Construction Trades Department evaluated its COMET training...