The Work of Reconstruction (Book)
- Chicago Laborers. // Pensions & Investments;08/04/97, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p29
Presents information on the examination of the Chicago Laborers Annuity & Benefit Fund. Circumstances surrounding the examination; Details on the fund's overall assets; Management features of the fund.
- Haitian hell in Dominican Republic. // Canadian Dimension;Oct/Nov94, Vol. 28 Issue 5, following p48
Reports on thousands of Haitian cane workers working in the Dominican Republic from four in the morning till six at night for $3 a day.
- Free trade and income redistribution in a three factor... Thompson, Henry // Southern Economic Journal;Apr97, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p1074
Reports that unskilled labor in the United States will lose under a program of free trade. Model used to determine this; Summarization of the model; Explanation of important considerations; Preliminary tests carried out; Findings of the study; Quantitative lessons which came to the fore in the...
- Forces at work. Albert, Mark // Modern Machine Shop;Jul98, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p8
Describes a day in the life of a laborer. Effects of growth and change on him; Factors that motivate him to work.
- View from the Pulpit. // Munday Courier (TX);3/25/2010, Vol. 37 Issue 16, p2
In this article, the author discusses the important role played by servants and laborers in order to build the environment of intellectuals in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Low skills, lower hopes. Wilson, William Julius // Across the Board;Mar1997, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p10
Explains why inner-city workers in the United States are having difficulty finding jobs. Structural changes in the economy; Shift in demand away from low-skilled workers; Need to develop a policy of public-sector employment of last resort.
- There's skill in unskilled labor. Gittler, Harvey // Industry Week/IW;9/6/93, Vol. 242 Issue 17, p29
Discusses the term `unskilled labor'. Term as a misnomer; Author's objections; Argument that all workers are skilled; Case of the carpet cleaners; Ticket sellers and the clerks; Comments from a `Dear Abby' column; Respect for those who labor with their hands.
- The Northeast Bronx is on the move. KING, ANDY L. // New York Amsterdam News;9/26/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 39, p13
The author discusses the development of the Bronx in New York city of New York, views of business owners on the challenge of filling positions due to unskilled workforce and need for education and training in order to grow and stabilize the community.
- Heroes of the revolution. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;Jan1996, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p19
Cites Chinese laborers Man Wang and Wango Junsho as heroes of the Chinese revolution.