Paths of Fire: An Anthropologists's Inquiry into Western Technology (Book)
- Paths of Fire (Book). Frosch, Robert A. // American Scientist;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p576
Reviews the book 'Paths of Fire: An Anthropologist's Inquiry Into Western Technology,' by Robert McC. Adams.
- Heartland of Cities (Book). Dancey, William S. // Library Journal;1/15/1981, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p146
Reviews the book 'Heartland of Cities: Surveys of Ancient Settlement and Land Use on the Central Floodplain of the Euphrates,' by Robert McC Adams and foreword by Thorkild Jacobsen.
- Heartland of Cities (Book Review). Grayson, A.Kirk // American Historical Review;Jun82, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p752
Reviews the book 'Heartland of Cities: Surveys of Ancient Settlement and Land Use on the Central Floodplain of the Euphrates,' by Robert McC. Adams.
- Settlement and Society: Essays Dedicated to Robert McCormick Adams. Düring, Bleda S. // Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research;May2008, Issue 350, p110
The article reviews the book "Settlement and Society: Essays Dedicated to Robert McCormick Adams," edited by Elizabeth C. Stone.
- Smithsonian horizons. Adams, Robert McC. // Smithsonian;Dec93, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p8
Announces the author's intention to resign late in 1994 as secretary of the Smithsonian Institution, a post he has held for nearly ten years. The author's personal plans; The ever-changing challenges to the Smithsonian; The search committee's request for nominations for secretary by December 17,...
- Smithsonian Secretary Robert McCormick Adams looks to new horizons. Kernan, Michael // Smithsonian;Sep94, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p12
Honors Robert McCormick Adams, 68, whose ten-year tenure as Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution ends in September 1994. His planned book on the history of technology; Possible teaching activities at the University of California, San Diego; His archeological background and other career...
- A new Secretary takes charge at the Smithsonian. Jacobs, Madeleine // Smithsonian;Oct84, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p118
Profiles Smithsonian Institution secretary Robert McCormick Adams in the U.S. Adams' career as an archaeologist; Academic background; Adams' interest in outdoor life; Adams' global perspective of civilization; Responsibilities as secretary of the institution.
- Adams keynotes at ASIS '87 on effects of info on society. // Library Journal;3/15/1987, Vol. 112 Issue 5, p21
Reports on the keynote to be addressed by Robert McCormick Adams, secretary of the Smithsonian Institution at the Alliance for Sustainable Information Society's annual meeting to be held from October 4 to 8, 1987. Significance of information and technology in achieving society's goals; Delegates...
- Smithsonian to Preview New Exhibit at ASIS '87. // Information Today;Sep1987, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p18
This article announces the preview of the Smithsonian Institute's exhibition depicting the Information Revolution at the 50th Anniversary Conference of the American Society for Information Science (ASIS) to be held in Boston, Massachusetts on October 4-8, 1987. The Information Revolution...